PDA

View Full Version : Absolute best QD I`ve used...

Pages : [1] 2 3

danforz
01-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Hey guys, I`ve tried a couple different QDs and I`ve found most are about the same. I don`t know if the chemical compositions are similar or what not, but each tends to clean as good as one another.

Meg`s has made a aerosol QD which one ups everyone else in the delivery. The spray can sprays a thing layer of foam making streaking from excess QD a thing of the past! I tried it out on my car today and was VERY impressed at the ease of use. I`d recommend giving this stuff a try... its in their professional line and specifically called "Last Touch Foam Detailer"

BMW335i
01-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Stupid question but worth a go - Is there such thing as a QD containing silicone?

imported_DieselMDX
01-19-2007, 09:02 PM
yeah saw that on the megs page and was wondering why they would make a aresol can guess they changed the formula 2

MattPersman
01-20-2007, 08:08 AM
I think BOdyshine from automagic has silicone, some of the bulk driven brands may add silcone for additional shine and filling capabilities

Setec Astronomy
01-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Are you guys kidding? Silicone is the mainstay of almost all automotive appearance products. The only QD that Meg`s sells that is bodyshop-safe (and therefore silicone-free) is #34 Final Inspection.

percynjpn
01-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Are you guys kidding? Silicone is the mainstay of almost all automotive appearance products.

That`s a good point.

Regarding QDs, I think Clearkote`s Quik Shine is the best QD I`ve ever used, for both the look and excellent ease of use . And, (the following is an exact quote from the web site:

Contains no Teflons, silicones, alcohol or abrasives.

FWIW

Todd

Rfulmer
01-20-2007, 09:35 AM
I like QuickShine, Adam`s detail spray, FK1-425, Poorboys Spray and Shine, and AquaWax (AW isn`t really a QD but I use it as one) as quick detail sprays for light cleaning and a little pep me up. Poorboys Spray and wipe is nice also and seems to clean a little better than the others. For the most part they are all very similar and in the final result it`s hard to tell the difference. But, in the end I like them all.

I haven`t found any Meguiar`s QD`s that impress me at all. I haven`t tried the new stuff and from past experience with their other QD`s that I have used (non-professional sfuff) I`m not in a big hurry to do so. I do like many other non-QD Meg`s products.

My favorite combination for being able to actually see a difference in shine is Zaino Z-6 followed by Z-8. It`s expensive but I can actually see a shine difference which surpasses the others.

Russell

Bigpoppa3346
01-20-2007, 09:48 AM
You say it`s the best QD you have used, but what have you compared it against?

I have tried almost all the Meg`s QDs, and while Last Touch spray is nice for claying work, they don`t really compare to others that I have tried.

imported_Picus
01-20-2007, 10:06 AM
You can usually tell the qd`s without silicone based on how well they go over newly applied LSPs. The ones with silicones, in my experience, tend to promote streaking whereas the ones without like QS, #34, etc, can be used to remove excess product and streaking. The only QD`s I use anymore are QS and Spray & Wipe (which isn`t really even a qd).

DM101
01-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Last touch is a good cleaning qd... I use it to clean then follow with Pin. crystal mist, or quickshine, 425, griots speed shine

justin30513
01-20-2007, 10:38 AM
I`ve wanted to try this out badly. I`ve used the regular Last Touch and love it. The aerosol would be so easy to carry too.

klnyc
01-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Try FK 425 :)

jasonmac
01-20-2007, 11:52 AM
For me, it`s Griot`s and 425.

06E90
01-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Just saw the Megs aerosol QD at Wal Mart, was tempted to grab one but didn`t. They are also stocking more Mothers products such as FX synwax.

optimusp517
01-20-2007, 05:36 PM
I`m very happy with Griot`s. I haven`t used anything else so I`m there are one or two more I might like.