PDA

View Full Version : When to use Optimum No Rinse?

shadybreal
01-18-2007, 11:33 PM
I`ve been doing a lot reading on ONR lately, and was wonderin when some of you guys use it over a normal wet wash? I`m sure most use wet washes on cars that are really dirty, but when, why, and how would you use ONR instead? Thanks!

Setec Astronomy
01-18-2007, 11:40 PM
I don`t know where you live, but up north it`s pretty cold this time of year. A QEW/ONR/DP4n1 wash is a lot faster/dryer outside when the hose is stored away for the winter. Also great in the garage, not too much water on the floor. Some members use only these "rinseless" washes.

shadybreal
01-18-2007, 11:43 PM
I don`t know where you live, but up north it`s pretty cold this time of year. A QEW/ONR/DP4n1 wash is a lot faster/dryer outside when the hose is stored away for the winter. Also great in the garage, not too much water on the floor. Some members use only these "rinseless" washes.

In Georgia, so I can use water pretty much all year. I would love to hear from some of the members who only use this type of wash.

Scottwax
01-18-2007, 11:44 PM
I wash almost exclusively with ONR. I have one customer that has a DI/RO water setup at his warehouse he wants me to use on his cars, everyone else I wash their cars with ONR.

shadybreal
01-18-2007, 11:52 PM
I wash almost exclusively with ONR. I have one customer that has a DI/RO water setup at his warehouse he wants me to use on his cars, everyone else I wash their cars with ONR.

What about vehicles caked in mud? Do you find it takes a lot less time to complete a basic wash and vac w/ ONR vs. wet wash? If so how much time do you cut? Thanks, and I`ve really enjoyed many of your threads and pictures.

thesacrifice
01-18-2007, 11:55 PM
For me ONR is faster, allows me to get intimate with the paint (its not hidden under suds), and whatever polymers are in ONR leaves the paint nice and shiny when I`m done.

Plus I don`t get soaked, like my foam gun always causes.

PhaRO
01-19-2007, 02:06 AM
I`ve been switching over to ONR for about a year in my mobile business. I use it for entire vehicle, wheels and tires on almost every car now. I have two customers that their vehicles are always caked in mud. For those two I use my pressure washer or flojet pump powered hose. I could clean those with ONR using a 2 gallon sprayer but it would take me longer.

MMasz
01-19-2007, 09:08 AM
I also do mobile detailing. I just picked up some ONR after reading about it here. I was reluctant to use it on my customers` vehicles so I tried it on my wife`s LS430.

It worked as advertised and cut the wash time by about 15 minutes- basically due to not having to schlepp out hoses, rinse, wash, rinse again and put the hoses up.

I`m definately going to use it on the majorioty of the vehicles I wash.

tom p.
01-19-2007, 09:18 AM
There are loads of benefits to using the product. They`ve been discussed in detail here 9641 times. OP should read up! and form his/her own decisions as to whether ONR can be integrated into their washing style. :2thumbs:

imported_mburnickas
01-19-2007, 01:00 PM
It (ONR) is going over road salt from CT/MA in about 2 hours. :)