PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Discountinues Brushes, "Hard Parts"

Pages : [1] 2

STG
01-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Meguiar`s has discontunued all of their brushes. Who has suggestions for wheel and tire brushes as well as body brushes? I especically liked the "mop" they had for washing the roof of my F250 4X4. :wall

BigJimZ28
01-18-2007, 04:37 PM
big lots still has them!

tyoung
01-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Hmm, no wonder Big Lots was getting them. Yeah, I`ve seen all their brushes at the local BL for great prices.

STG
01-18-2007, 04:51 PM
big lots still has them!

I take it you`ve never been to Cody. The nearest Big Lots is in Billings, Montana! I did pick up a few detailing kits with brushes at the super WalMart here a few months ago at fire-sale prices.

Any suggestions for substitutes?

BlueZero
01-18-2007, 04:55 PM
So this is for the brushes only? Not the wash mitts, mop heads, applicators, etc? Wow, I don`t know what I`ll do. I`d like to hear some replacements also. Maybe this will push some of the small companies into the brush market.

BMW335i
01-18-2007, 05:27 PM
What?! Why?! Does that mean what I am using now will harm my finish? :mad: :help:

tyoung
01-18-2007, 05:39 PM
I see that Mothers is coming out with a brush line. Don`t know when it will hit stores though.

BlueZero
01-18-2007, 05:41 PM
What?! Why?! Does that mean what I am using now will harm my finish? :mad: :help:

Nope, your safe. I`ve never had any marring from Meguiar`s brushes. That`s why I am so surprised that they have been discontinued. It doesn`t sound like it was a quality issue, more of a profit issue.

AngieD
01-18-2007, 06:11 PM
I really like the Megs brushes. I have a few interior and some tire and wheel brushes.

Anyone use OXO brushes?

What is the best brush for using on paint?

SpoiledMan
01-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Oh well, I guess it`s time to STOCK UP!!!

velobard
01-18-2007, 07:20 PM
What is the best brush for using on paint?

A quality boar`s hair brush, available from a number of sources. Yes they`re expensive, but you`re the one who asked. ;)

BigAl3
01-18-2007, 07:37 PM
the only wheel brush that still is available is the versa-angle tire brush, iirc. i`m pretty sure ALL of these have been discontinued as well... wheel face brush, wheel spoke brush, mf quik detail pad, slide lock detail brush, triple duty detail brush, duo-fiber glass towel, chenille wash pad & mitt, wash sponge, and maybe a few others... that`s the reason why big lots has/had them, just like alot of other things, they sell off mostly discontinued item(s)...

David Fermani
01-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Does anyone know exactly why they stopped selling brushes?

Setec Astronomy
01-18-2007, 11:03 PM
I can give you a couple of guesses. Some of them weren`t that good. I don`t really like the ergonomics of the tire brush, I`m afraid to use the body brushes. There were complaints about the spoke brush (tip falling off, splattering). I do really like, however, the wheel face brush.

I also suspect the retail market for brushes is pretty easy to saturate. Most casual car washers either won`t make the investment in brushes, or once they do, are set for life.

Scottwax
01-18-2007, 11:38 PM
I`ll be checking my local Big! Lots regularly...