PDA

View Full Version : Q.D.`s...?

Dirty_South
05-29-2003, 09:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

I`ve just recently started using a q.d. as a final step for dust removal (I know, I`m a little behind with new products :( ) and I`m curious as to what a q.d. is? It seems to even out the wax nicely and cut static. I love it. Right now I`m using the Mothers California Gold. My second question, is one as good as the other?

any info on either of these questions would be very helpful.

thanks,
Sean

TheCompleteLook
05-30-2003, 12:00 AM
I use Einman Fabrik (Pearl Gloss Enhancer?) on my waxed cars and Platinums QD on my poly coat cars, they are both great at what they do.

A QD (quick detail spray) usually just removes streaks, spots, things you missed, they give a little shine and some have wax in them to just to add a bit.

Boss_429
05-30-2003, 05:37 AM
Dirty_South,

CompleteLook gave a good description of QD. Use it to remove light dust, light water spots, airborne contaminates, wax/polish residue, and generally get the finish back to that "just waxed" look.

For the most part, most QD`s are pretty good. However, some are better than others. As CompleteLook said, a few have a bit of carnauaba in them, and a few have a bit of polymer in them. The Mothers Showtime you are using is an very good QD, especially for the price. The Platinum QD is an excellent QD, especially when used with UPP.

Larry A
05-30-2003, 09:45 AM
I myself like Eagle One Wipe and Shine I think it is great for the price Mothers QD is very good also. Clearkote quick shine is one of the best but it is expensive.

Clean Dean
05-30-2003, 09:12 PM
I just purchased a gallon of this "Gloss Enhancer" this week, and I am happy to give a 4 star rating. Good QD+WOW what a polymer shine. Here is the link...

http://www.prowax.com/glossagent.shtml

Dirty_South
06-06-2003, 06:30 PM
C.D.,

Wow very cool. I have used the Pro line in the past and love it. Thanks for the link and the heads up! ;)

Sean

edschwab1
06-06-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Clean Dean
I just purchased a gallon of this "Gloss Enhancer" this week, and I am happy to give a 4 star rating. Good QD+WOW what a polymer shine. Here is the link...

http://www.prowax.com/glossagent.shtml

Which one did you purchase?

Eric