PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detailer over Prime/AJ

Pages : [1] 2

NewLookAutoCare
01-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Got a sample of ClearKote Quickshine. Great detailer.

Just finished my second coat of AJ. Going to put two more on the car just to test layering.

Was wondering if the Quickshine would be a good choice for a last quick detail before car shows. Would that foul things up if I wanted to lay down another coat of AJ later this year?

I was also wondering if I could mix AJ 50/50 in a small sprayer as the last quick detail before being judged. Do the WOWO method.

Eliot Ness
01-17-2007, 09:14 PM
QuikShine looks good on just about anything (even glass) and a good wash should be all you need to do if you want to lay on some more AJ.

How did the RMG (or was it VM) and CMW look on your `57?

JB_TSX
01-17-2007, 09:35 PM
I just use AJT as a quick detailer after a wash. It`s easy to use and you don`t have to worry about compatibility later on.

Rfulmer
01-18-2007, 12:15 AM
I have Prime and AJT on the way which should be here by Friday. I plan on using the Prime to strip off all my layers of different kinds of waxes and then use AJT.

For in between washes I`ll use ONR mixed at the 6oz to a gallon of water or Poorboys Spray and Wipe. Then use a QuickShine as a gloss enhancer.

Like a previous poster said, the ONR, S/W, or Quickshine will pretty much be gone after you wash the car so you shouldn`t have any problem adding additional coats of AJ.

imported_NHBFAN
01-18-2007, 12:43 AM
I`ve been using #425 with success.

Scottwax
01-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Quikshine works just fine with Acrylic Jett. If you want to stick with the product line, Acrylic Glos works well too.

imported_bdornseif
01-18-2007, 06:15 PM
I`ve used Sonus Acrylic Spritz over AJT with good success. :up

imported_mburnickas
01-18-2007, 06:22 PM
I have used Quickshine, Acrylic Glos and Chemical Guys Pro Detailer w/ Carnauba. So far Acrylic Glos is good but a little high in price.

coupe
01-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Any OTC QD`s that would work fine with AJ and wont cause problems later on when i want to apply another layer of AJ?

Where do you get *quick shine*?

SDLexus
01-18-2007, 09:46 PM
I use FK425 as a QD over AJT and it works well. I actually prefer 425 over AG.

Rfulmer
01-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Any OTC QD`s that would work fine with AJ and wont cause problems later on when i want to apply another layer of AJ?

Where do you get *quick shine*?

I haven`t found any OTC QD`s that act the same as others that I have ordered. I use QuickShine, Adam`s Detail Spray, AquaWax, FK1-425, PoorBoys S&S/S&W, and on and on and on. If you have a CarQuest in your area (I don`t) you can get AquaWax there.

You can get ClearKote QuickShine at ClearKote Quik Shine (http://store.danase.com/clqush1.html) and many other places.

coupe
01-19-2007, 07:08 AM
I have AW and i also have a CQ that carries it....when i beg them :lol

So AW works fine?

imported_NHBFAN
01-20-2007, 01:31 AM
I`ve used Sonus Acrylic Spritz over AJT with good success. :up

I`ve been meaning to ask if there would be a problem using Sonus with AJ/AJT.

I know it`s specifically formulated for Klasse, but I still have several bottles of both Sonus Acrylic Spritz and Acrylic Glanz.

MattPersman
01-20-2007, 08:59 AM
since they are both Carlack products based on poly-acrylic and the Sonus was created to be used on Klasse, it would work fine

MattPersman
01-20-2007, 09:06 AM
and as far as the JW Acrylic Glos being expensive its only 8 bucks for 16.9 oz compared to 12 for the sonus only 16 oz