PDA

View Full Version : ordering product in the wintertime

Pages : [1] 2

Invigor
01-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Hello,

I`m really starting to chomp at the bit now that the weather`s improving...it`s still going to be a few months before I can start working in my garage on my own time because of the cool temperatures.

I want to order a few things through mail-order, and I like ground shipping because I`m cheap. I plan on getting some more Klasse AIO, maybe a few poorboy`s polishes, some megs pro stuff, some pinnacle wax and maybe some p21s wax. My question is will the cold weather (sub-freezing temperatures) cause harm to any of these products or should I wait it out until spring?

I guarantee I won`t find these products locally, and if I do, they`ll be quite expensive, hence the mail order idea...

Thanks.

mikebai1990
01-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Storing these products in an unheated garage is probably not a good idea. If you have space to store it at home, go ahead and buy the stuff.

Dan
01-17-2007, 08:23 PM
I wouldn`t order if the products have a chance of freezing. I just got a batch of wax that froze and it doesn`t look pretty. Why chance it? If your garage is attached to the house and stays warm it shouldn`t be an issue, mine is and the temps rarely dip down below 45 even if the outside temp is in the teens.

wannafbody
01-17-2007, 08:28 PM
some manufacturers/distributors only ship via ground to help reduce the chance of freezing in a planes cargo hold. UPS and FEDEX trucks are heated so it reduces the risk.

Invigor
01-18-2007, 12:44 AM
I was wondering if it`d be frozen by the time I got it...I definitely know better than to store stuff in a frozen garage :|

I`ve received packages on my doorstep before not know how long they`ve been sitting out there..I don`t wanna spend $50 on a jar of wax to have it wrecked by poor shipping conditions.

mikebai1990
01-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I really don`t think it should be a problem. Where do you live? Does it often get below freezing where you are living?

Changeling
01-18-2007, 03:28 PM
I was wondering if it`d be frozen by the time I got it...I definitely know better than to store stuff in a frozen garage :|

I`ve received packages on my doorstep before not know how long they`ve been sitting out there..I don`t wanna spend $50 on a jar of wax to have it wrecked by poor shipping conditions.

For what it`s worth I was wondering the same thing so I emailed Chemical Guys, and Collinite. Both said the same thing, do not freeze. They didn`t say what would happen but as far as I was concerned what they said was enough!!

You would probably be OK ordering from the majors, FedX or UPS but how or you going to know if it was froze or not!!

I ordered my stuff when there was a break in the weather forecast for the week.

However, if they deliver your products at 9:00 in the morning and you work till 7:00 at night you better hope it`s not freezing that day!

Good luck. Changeling

tom p.
01-18-2007, 03:51 PM
I avoid ordering products during the winter months, if possible. I`ve ordered things before that did arrive frozen/broken/leaking. It was a real disappointer.

imported_ChrisNJ
01-18-2007, 06:34 PM

where do you live?

coupe
01-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Dang, i didnt think of that.

I was about to order a crap load of polishes, waxes and sealants.

I dont wanna waite any longer!!!

I cant use them now anyways, just wanna look at them i guess and the joy of knowing i have them :lol

tom p.
01-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I`m kinda the same way...there`s nothing like the world of instant gratification with internet shopping and all. However, I`m still gonna wait a few more days prior to placing a Griot`s order cause that stuff is gonna be sitting in the UPS truck for a full week. I`ll wait for a break in the cold.

BobD
01-19-2007, 01:46 PM
You will be fine. Unless you have it delivered and the products sit outside for 24 hours or something you won`t have anything to worry about.

imported_mburnickas
01-19-2007, 01:58 PM
You will be fine. Unless you have it delivered and the products sit outside for 24 hours or something you won`t have anything to worry about.

I am more worried about being broken...Next order from Danase is being constructed right now (for end of month) :)

tom p.
01-19-2007, 02:59 PM

I`m not sure why you guys suggest a cross-country tractor trailer is gonna have heat where the packages sit during their 2800 mile ride :confused: What am I missing?

coupe
01-19-2007, 03:08 PM
I`m not sure why you guys suggest a cross-country tractor trailer is gonna have heat where the packages sit during their 2800 mile ride :confused: What am I missing?

im confused also, i really dont think UPS or FEDX have heated trailors.