PDA

View Full Version : How to find chip repair pro?

pipspeak
01-17-2007, 05:23 PM
I have a minor ding on my door -- a half-dime sized chip caused by something in the garage falling against the door or my 2004 4runner -- and I`m having a hard time finding anyone who will repair it in the Bay Area.

As expected, body shops in my area (even the good ones) say they would repaint the whole panel. So I tried Dent Pro -- the mobile outfit recommended by my local Toyota dealership -- but they said they do not do touch-up paint work on panels, only bumpers and mirrors.

Which all leaves me wondering how I find someone out there why can do a professional job on my chip repair. I`m not looking for perfection, just something that will pass the five-foot rule.

Anyone have suggestions?

(I tried it myself and it`s OK but I`m sure a pro could do a much better job)

tguil
01-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Do a google search for Sprayless Scratch Repair. It works. Here`s information from a place that does it in Lincoln, Nebraska. I`m sure that you have someone close to you.

Ming Auto Beauty Center - Dr. Dent (http://www.mingdrdent.com/ssr/index.html)

Tom :cool:

pipspeak
01-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the lead... unfortunately there appears to be no-one in teh Bay Area that offers SSR. Despite googling every permutation I could only find car restorers in teh midwest and east coast who offer it. I`ll keep hunting.