PDA

View Full Version : Best deal on sample bottles......

justin30513
01-17-2007, 08:58 AM
This is about the best site for sample bottle that I have found. Shipping is very reasonable and they seem to have every type of bottle, top, and sprayers known to man.

Sample Bottle Link (http://stores.ebay.com/SCENTS-OF-STYLE_Bottles-and-Dispensing-Lids_4-oz-Bottles_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ7861077QQftidZ2QQtZ km)

Of course larger quantities will get you a better deal.

Look it over and tell me what you all think.

Justin

BobD
01-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Cylindrical Sample Bottles with Caps - US Plastic Corporation (http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=14952&product%5Fid=15135)

I think US Plastic is slightly cheaper yet on the same bottles.

justin30513
01-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Cylindrical Sample Bottles with Caps - US Plastic Corporation (http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=14952&product%5Fid=15135)

I think US Plastic is slightly cheaper yet on the same bottles.

What about with shipping?

I thought their shipping was like 10.99 for 5 bottles?

BlueZero
Another option for you... Natural Plastic Bottles - Specialty Bottle (http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=24)

Shipping always seems to be the killer unless you order larger quantities to offset the cost per bottle.

imported_flatstick
I can not see the link because it is blocked at work. I purchase all of my sample bottles from one seller on Ebay. great prices and fast delivery. I like to buy 50 or 100 at a time. they end up costing me less than half of what other places charge :woot:

BobD
01-17-2007, 09:31 AM
What about with shipping?

I thought their shipping was like 10.99 for 5 bottles?

It is like $7 for 10 of the bottles to my door. So you probably save a little with the ebay store.

Eliot Ness
01-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Good find Justin! I have always ordered from Specialty Bottle, the site that BlueZero linked to. Some members thought their shipping was high, but I just order a bunch of them at one time to help offset those charges. I`ll have to look at that eBay store next time.

Just a little OT, but I`m looking for a lid or pump to make transferring my gallon of ONR to smaller bottles less painful. A flip-top cap that would fit that gallon jug would most likely be good enough.

BlueZero
01-17-2007, 09:42 AM
I think I like your ebay place better, they do seem to be cheaper in the end. What size do you all get? I`ve been finding the 4 oz. seems to work good for me so far.

BlueZero
01-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Just a little OT, but I`m looking for a lid or pump to make transferring my gallon of ONR to smaller bottles less painful. A flip-top cap that would fit that gallon jug would most likely be good enough.

I bought my gallon pump`s from a farm supply store. lol There like $3.50 works great, 1 oz. per pump. Or here`s some (bottom of page) http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/Meguiar`s%20Detailer%20Sprayers.htm probably doesn`t make sense for the cost with shipping to order one. I order lots of stuff from ADS.

SpoiledMan
01-17-2007, 10:08 AM
The gallon bottle pumps are also available from Smart and Final if you have those local to you.

Setec Astronomy
01-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Good find Justin! I have always ordered from Specialty Bottle, the site that BlueZero linked to. Some members thought their shipping was high, but I just order a bunch of them at one time to help offset those charges. I`ll have to look at that eBay store next time.

Eliot, I bought a couple of the yellow MDSPOUTS towards the bottom of this page Meguiars Auto Detailing Trigger Sprayers (http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/Meguiar`s%20Detailer%20Sprayers.htm) but the first time I used one it seemed so crappy I never tried it or the other one again. I got my gallon pumps that I use for car wash at US Plastics when I was buying some buckets and grit guards, so the shipping was invisible and the pumps were cheap, 1 oz./pump. They do tend to drip a little with thick liquids, so last time I ordered some Charlie`s Soap I ordered their pump (didn`t get to try it yet) at $1.25 or something, and of course free shipping. I have never seen a flip cap for a gallon jug, although USP has a lot of dispenser caps that I was unable to decode what size they were. Another idea is some screw-on pouring funnels for the smaller bottles, that have a cutout to rest the lip of the gallon jug, but USP doesn`t seem to have them anymore.

justin30513
01-17-2007, 03:15 PM
I think I like your ebay place better, they do seem to be cheaper in the end. What size do you all get? I`ve been finding the 4 oz. seems to work good for me so far.

I too use 4oz`s.

They fit in my pockets and store well. I only refill them about once a week or less. I send out a lot samples in exchange so I ordered up 50 of them this morning.

RatedG
01-17-2007, 03:43 PM
another option:

For $1 bottles of all shapes, sizes, and dispensers, try your local DOLLAR STORE / DOLLAR TREE.

Sure, you empty them of their original product and wash them out, but you can buy only as many bottles as you need and have a larger selection. I got cool 8 oz square shaped button spray bottles that originally had some kind of linen spray in it.

Eliot Ness
01-19-2007, 11:19 AM
......Just a little OT, but I`m looking for a lid or pump to make transferring my gallon of ONR to smaller bottles less painful. A flip-top cap that would fit that gallon jug would most likely be good enough.Thanks for the suggestions. Mike, I just ordered two of the pumps from Charlies Soap for $1.50 each with no shipping, it`s pretty hard to beat a deal like that.

I just ran across the Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner (http://www.autogeek.net/bottle-proportioners.html) while looking at other things. Not sure how well it would work, but it looks interesting.

EDIT: The eBay supplier of the bottles will put together a custom order if you e-mail her. I just ordered 40 bottles: 10 2 ounce w/flip top-lids, 10 2 ounce w/fine mist sprayers, 10 4 ounce w/flip-top lids, and 10 4 ounce w/fine mist sprayers. The total for the bottles was $21.69 and $8.40 shipping for priority mail. The total price worked out to about the same total I would have paid for the same from Specialty Bottle, but you have a choice between a 3 cm and 4 cm hole size from the eBay seller. The 2 ounce bottles I had ordered from Specialty Bottle had a smaller hole size than these, so I thought I`d give this seller a shot, plus 40 more bottle should last me for several years on top of the bottles I still have left.

I really like using the fine mist sprayers on these smaller bottles and I wind up using them for all the the QD`s, tire dressings, and other thin liquids I spray. Plus the smaller 2 and 4 ounce size makes them a lot easier to carry around and to gauge how much product you are using.