PDA

View Full Version : My Review on Megs, Klasse and Natty`s after full detail...

danforz
01-17-2007, 02:02 AM
Hey guys, so I recently used a few products and thought I`d share my thoughts on them.

Pics of my car: http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/84121-your-opinions-bmw-328-gray-no-56k-2.html#post849484

Meg`s Clay

I found this product to be superior to Mothers. I did a whole comparison here:

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/83285-megs-clay-mothers-clay.html

Anyways this stuff was great. The clay came split in half (which was very useful), and the included microfiber is one of my favorites. Overall a solid product and worth purchasing.

Klasse AIO

This is by far the best cleaning agent I`ve seen in any category (car, in home, etc.). ANYTHING on my car came right off with this stuff and it wasn`t all that difficult to use. Until comparisons can be made to ZAIO, I`d say with out doubt this should be a staple of any car cleaning arsenal. From etching on windows, to trimming, to rims, to exhaust, this stuff works wonders!

Klasse SG

This was the only item I found a bit disappointing in my detailing process. As everyone has mentionted, it is quite difficult to remove. Even if your careful with how much you use, your inevitably going to come across a point where you accidentally used too much and its being stubborn. As for the look, I wasn`t all that impressed. After claying and AIO, my car looked impressive. The SG made little to no difference in that look. This product did do amazingly well on my rims though. The new BMW rims have an odd paint on them that REALLY looks good when given proper care. Allbeit the look only lasts for 3 days, putting SG on my rims really bring out their color. I`ve put three layers on my rims and its helped a bit with cleaning them, though I still have stubborn brake dust spots.

Natty Blue

At first I wasn`t fond of this product. After the first layer, I really didn`t get the look I was hoping for. For what ever reason, the second layer made my car look fantastic. The first time around I may have applied it incorrectly as it was IMMENSELY difficult to remove (used too much and let it sit for too long before buffing). Second time around removal was a breeze and my car popped! I`d endorse this stuff so much that I`m considering adding a 3rd layer of natty!!

Hope this helps in all your detailing pursuits. Thanks to all those who have responded to my questions!

Pennypacker
01-17-2007, 04:20 AM
Nice review there...car looks great to me.

Perhaps give Prime a try some time. As wonderful as AIO is, Prime ups the ante even more and leaves one excellent finish. They`re relatives of each other. As far as NB goes, I always found that glazes really compliment NB the best. Durability kinda goes to pot, but RMG or Danase Speed Glaze underneath really works well with NB looks-wise. But alone, I felt the same as you--really need that second coat on there.

Regarding the clay, I thought I read somewhere that all clay, no matter what label it`s sold under, is actually manufactured by Auto Wax Company (a.k.a. Clay Magic)...that they hold all the patent rights to detailing clay or something. Could be wrong though.

Nevertheless, as I said, car looks great as it is. Nice work! :)

Zet
01-17-2007, 08:50 AM
Nice review.

You can try claying your wheels in order to remove those brake dust spots. This can be really effective. Then give them a new layer of protection.

danforz
01-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Regarding the clay, I thought I read somewhere that all clay, no matter what label it`s sold under, is actually manufactured by Auto Wax Company (a.k.a. Clay Magic)...that they hold all the patent rights to detailing clay or something. Could be wrong though.

Maybe? I`m not sure. I`ll say this though, I clayed my vehicle with mother`s a week prior to re-claying it with megs. There was still a LOT that megs removed. Furthermore, Megs clay is cut in half, comes with a holder, and for $2 more you get a microfiber. Overall a more preferential product.

Invigor
01-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Maybe? I`m not sure. I`ll say this though, I clayed my vehicle with mother`s a week prior to re-claying it with megs. There was still a LOT that megs removed. Furthermore, Megs clay is cut in half, comes with a holder, and for $2 more you get a microfiber. Overall a more preferential product.

Could have been different aggressiveness factor to the 2 clays.