PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for detailing this type of wheel?

in4mation
01-17-2007, 12:40 AM
What product would you use to detail these rims off a Honda Accord? I`m clueless as to what product to use that would harm the finish.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/mixedazian/DA/Wheels.jpg

Mr.Cool
01-17-2007, 04:55 AM
Four Star Ultimate Wheel Cleaner Gel - On sale for 10 bucks at autogeek.net

DP Gel Wheel Cleaner

P21S Wheel Cleaner - Very Popular in autopia

Wolfgang Tire & Wheel Cleaner

Pinnacle Gel Wheel Cleaner

From what i know all of these products are non-acidic detergents so they are safe for all wheel types i know for sure the P21S works very well.

Also look into a wheel brush like:

EZ Detail Brush

Meguiars Gold Class Ultra-Safe Wheel Brush

I`m going to pick up the meguairs tomorrow, for 8 bucks you cant beat it.

Hope this helped.:cool:

TrueDetailer
01-18-2007, 01:49 AM
All you need is a decent all purpose cleaner for both the wheels and the tires. I use a degreaser i get from a local supplier, i cut it like 5 to 1, works good.

And if you want to, clay them down and throw some wax on. That will help with future cleaning.

DTailN
01-18-2007, 07:49 AM
I use DP Wheel Gel Cleaner, DP Wheel Glaze, and an Edge Wheel ShMITT.

Smashraj84
01-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Definitely wax or seal them. After that you can just get a wet MF and wipe them down in betwen washes to get them shiny again.

imported_themightytimmah
01-18-2007, 04:39 PM
IIRC, Honda clearcoats all their rims so they`re pretty resistant to most of the chemicals out there.

You can get away with pretty much any wheel cleaner out there, but you`ll be much happier if you polish and wax them along with your paint, then they`ll clean up with soap and an old wash mitt.

BenjiBoy650
01-21-2007, 01:22 PM
IIRC, Honda clearcoats all their rims so they`re pretty resistant to most of the chemicals out there.

They do clearcoat them but in my experience they`re pretty weak and suck badly. I would try to use friendlier chemicals first before pulling out the really harsh ones. Usually I wash my 99 Accord (different wheel, same polished finish) with just car wash soap and water, but it`s not really strong enough to get stubborn brake dust off. I tried using Westley`s white wall cleaner on it and the clearcoat is all messed up now :goodjob Young and stupid...well at least now I know better :wall

firegate
01-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Eagle One All Wheel/Tire Cleaner works great and is available OTC.

imported_DieselMDX
01-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Poorboys Wheel sealent!

sneek
01-21-2007, 05:34 PM
I use Meguiar`s Hot Rims if the brake dust is really bad, but most of the time just soap and water. Just wax them every so often after using a wheel cleaner.

Yes the Gen7 has cleared wheels, but IIRC the lug nuts are not clear coated so you should give them a polish once and a while.

Nuke33
01-21-2007, 05:58 PM
The Meg brush really helps too