PDA

View Full Version : Finish feels rough

Pedalsteeler
01-16-2007, 04:22 PM
I have a 2003 BMW Z4 silver and the finish feels rough. The finish is shiny enough and you can`t see the roughness only feel it when I wipe it down.

What can I use to eliminate this rather than putting another layer of polish over this situation?

Any helps appreciated.

imported_bigfoot
01-16-2007, 04:24 PM
I have a 2003 BMW Z4 silver and the finish feels rough. The finish is shiny enough and you can`t see the roughness only feel it when I wipe it down.

What can I use to eliminate this rather than putting another layer of polish over this situation?

Any helps appreciated.

Claying will be the best shot for that! Polish is more for correcting, rather than removing contaminants. You can get OTC claybars in a kit, like Mother`s, Meguiar`s and Caly Magic. They all work good to start right on. If you want a boutique clay, the Four Star and Pinnacle polyclay are the best. Hope this helps!

Joey:buffing:

BMW335i
01-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Clay will create a slick and smooth finish. Autozone has Clay Magic for appx $10.

BigJimZ28
01-16-2007, 04:35 PM
1.) Welcome

2.) clay

3.) you don`t layer polish, a polish removes defects, then you protect it with layers of

sealant or wax

4.)start by using the learn tab at the top of the page

5.) search then ask questions

6.) good luck

beemerboy1
01-16-2007, 04:48 PM

Any helps appreciated.

AS everyone has suggested clay is the answer then polish, you can get a clay kit at any auto parts store or online.

polish can not be layered one cancels the next, you can layer wax or sealants...

wash

clay

polish

wax / seal or both

Pedalsteeler
01-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the insight.....I probably have more than several layers of wax, polish and or both on the finish. The learn tab is a good place to start. I appreciate the feedback.