PDA

View Full Version : So do I have all this right... NXT vs Z2 vs Z5

Pages : [1] 2

danforz
01-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Hey guys, frankly I wasn`t all that impressed by SG and it was a bit difficult to remove, so I`m going to save it for sealing my rims. I was curious of the differences between these products... heres what I know so far...

Meg`s NXT Tech Paste/Wax

Basically a synthetic wax similar to SG however has a slight abrasive property. May do better with dealing with swirls and probably easier to apply.

Z2Pro

A synthetic wax/sealer similar to SG, with better optical optical clarity and probably easier to apply. Can be layered three times in a sitting.

Z5

Same as Z2 but has an abrasive property so it`ll better remove swirls.

Have I got all this right? I assume either are easier to apply by hand then SG hehe.

imported_Picus
01-16-2007, 02:20 PM
NXT and Z5 are not abrasives. NXT has chemical cleaners and fillers. Z5 has fillers; that is why they both seem to remove light swirls (they are actually filling them).

imported_memnuts
01-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Hey guys, frankly I wasn`t all that impressed by SG and it was a bit difficult to remove, so I`m going to save it for sealing my rims. I was curious of the differences between these products... heres what I know so far...

Meg`s NXT Tech Paste/Wax

Basically a synthetic wax similar to SG however has a slight abrasive property. May do better with dealing with swirls and probably easier to apply.

Z2Pro

A synthetic wax/sealer similar to SG, with better optical optical clarity and probably easier to apply. Can be layered three times in a sitting.

No wax content and different chemical backbone than Klasse(acrylic) is used as the protection agents. With usage of ZFX one can layer (up to 3) in one session. Z2/Z5 are at the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of removal. A breeze.

Z5

Same as Z2 but has an abrasive property so it`ll better remove swirls.

No abrasives just some filling components that work in conjunction with other protective agents to lessen the visibility of minor surface imperfections. Z5 strictly a sealant. No polishing or cleansing activity.

Have I got all this right? I assume either are easier to apply by hand then SG hehe.

Dan
01-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Best part about NXT is you can pick it up at Wal-Mart and return it if you don`t care for it.

wannafbody
01-16-2007, 03:09 PM
the worst part about NXT is that it isn`t very durable. Z5pro is a much better product. Z5pro uses long lasting polymer fillers. Proper prep is still needed tho.

I`d suggest-

ZPC for swirl removal

Z5pro for a base

Z Clear Seal for the final coat (when it`s available)

Dan
01-16-2007, 03:59 PM
the worst part about NXT is that it isn`t very durable. Z5pro is a much better product. Z5pro uses long lasting polymer fillers. Proper prep is still needed tho.

I`d suggest-

ZPC for swirl removal

Z5pro for a base

Which protects better from bird droppings and water spots?

imported_Bence
01-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Collinite 885/476 :D

wannafbody
01-16-2007, 04:41 PM

Z2pro/Z5pro/CS will provide high levels of protection

imported_memnuts
01-16-2007, 05:04 PM

A garage.:heelclick

danforz
01-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Can you layer carnuba over Z5 or NXT? Can you do multiple layers of Z5 like Z2?

imported_agentf1
01-16-2007, 06:43 PM

I`d suggest-

ZPC for swirl removal

Z5pro for a base

I agree with the above. Until the CS is released I would use Z8 over Z5p or Z2p.

I also think that NXT has some abrasives in it. I found it to have the worst durabilty out of everything I have used. I ended up giving mine away.

sspeer
01-16-2007, 07:47 PM
I think the protection is there, but the slickness goes away pretty quickly.

imported_Bence
01-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Yes, the NXT can be deceiving, but contains NO abrasives.

I`m getting 4 months regularly with NXT paste. To tell if it`s still there, you should watch closely the behavior of the water. With no protection, the water just pools and sticks to the surface - showing no signs of polymer protection. In this case, the car will be dry fairly soon and in most cases, spotless. When a polymer is still there you can observe that the continuous water film suddenly breaks up (after a few minutes of evaporation), indicating that the polymers are working and the product is able to break up/sheet away most part of the water film.

Yes, any synthetic can be topped with a carnauba wax - which is still champ in terms of actual physical protection.

imported_memnuts
01-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Can you layer carnuba over Z5 or NXT? Can you do multiple layers of Z5 like Z2?

The Z2 or Z5 can both be layered

Mike from Mequiar`s states there are very mild abrasives in NXT. Enough to prevent layering?:nixweiss

wannafbody
01-16-2007, 09:09 PM
NXT contains kaolin clay-the clay and silicone oil act as fillers-it also mutes metallics.