PDA

View Full Version : Is these Videos Really worth the $$$$$

gaurav
01-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi friends, i am very new in car detailing so i was thinking of buying a video to learn it. i was looking a various videos on sale but i am sure which one should i take. there is lot of stuff out there, and their prices are very diffrent. for example a set of 3 is of $30 on Auto Precise. Meguirs is of arounf $ 20. and then the rightlook is selling its DVD for (Interior,Exterior,Engine bay) for around $ 229. Please help me guys.

IS ANY OF YOU HAD TRIED THESE VIDEOS. ARE THEY GOOD?

THANKS

Big Leegr
01-16-2007, 04:37 PM
I`ve seen only the Meguiar`s video. (Got it as a freebie!!)

It`s a good overview of lots of things, but doesn`t get too deep into anything in particular.

I think you can download it for free here: http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-articles-videos/80585-meguiars-how-remove-paint-defects-video.html?

BigJimZ28
01-16-2007, 05:18 PM
I think there is little on the videos that you will not learn on here

I have the one from showcargarage and I liked it so that the only one I can comment on

I would save your money and just spend some time reading on here

ZoranC
01-16-2007, 05:37 PM
I never heard of first and third one (that doesn`t mean anything about them, just that me, average Joe Schmoe, hasn`t heard of them).

Meguiar`s one is on paint defect correction and Autopia hosts free online version of it.

There is also ShowCarGarage`s DVD on how to use PC (polisher) that is very good and you might want it because it is very likely you will be using PC quite often.

Envious Eric
01-16-2007, 06:11 PM
videos are useless...saw the meguiars one...wasted two hours of my time....

using a PC is really easy, just try it out...you need to get a feel for it - something you cant get from watching TV

74 thing
01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
If you want a PC video go to showcargarage.com and buy theirs. I have been using the PC for many years and picked up a few tips here and there to make it worthwhile and if I was a newbee I would definately recommend it.

Mikeyc
01-16-2007, 08:07 PM
I agree with many of the other posters in this thread . . . buy the Show Car Garage video on how to use the PC. The only thing in detailing that it helps to see in order to learn is machine polishing. Everything else you can pick up really quickly by reading all the great "how to" articles on here.

superstring
01-16-2007, 10:09 PM
If you want a PC video go to showcargarage.com and buy theirs. I have been using the PC for many years and picked up a few tips here and there to make it worthwhile and if I was a newbee I would definately recommend it.

Ditto :2thumbs:

Scottwax
01-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Download the Autopia E-book. Excellent detailing guide.