PDA

View Full Version : Google. The new Yellow Pages?

imported_mirrorfinishman
01-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Someone mentioned in another thread that Google was the new Yellow Pages. So I figured I would do a search on my own detailing business. I went to Google and plugged in "automobile detailing" and then Williamstown, NJ. I was surprised to find out that five out of the top ten results led to my detailing site. Now that is effective advertising, considering it is free.

Try it for yourself. Go to Google and do a search on "automobile detailing" along with the name of your city and state. Be sure to put "automobile detailing" in quotations. After all, that is the title used for detailing businesses that are listed in the Yellow Pages. See what you find out about your own website and let us know what results you get.

imported_Tex Star Detail
01-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Mine doesn`t show up for some reason. I did this some time back, and mine was in the top 3.

Guess I have figure it out

Bobby G
01-16-2007, 11:28 AM
When you have fun Google-ing yourself, think about Google-ing your competitors to see what they are doing.

imported_Tex Star Detail
01-16-2007, 11:48 AM
When you have fun Google-ing yourself, think about Google-ing your competitors to see what they are doing.

Haha, that was one of the first things I did. They had big menus for their services, which made it had to decide. Alot of add ons.

For example, add $xx for claying, $xx for shampooing, $xx for leather, $xx for sealant, etc.

With no way of the customer konwing what it was. There must have been 20 add ons, which would deter me away from the business. It was too complicated for the average person who does not know what detailing is, nor the processes that go along with it.

Bbasso
01-16-2007, 01:54 PM
I use Yahoo for searching amd most of my need.

imported_ajbarnes
01-16-2007, 03:47 PM
I typed in "automobile detailing" Philadelphia, PA and I didn`t show up on the first page plus it was links to directories, etc. Then I typed in "mobile detailing" Philadelphia, PA and I showed up I think two or three times on the first page. :dance

pioneerrr
01-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome

Sorry, this is my test the internet ; moderate: please remove this topic. Sorry for your time.

Good luck!

this test ( http://pioneerrr.blogspot.com/)

Spilchy
01-16-2007, 06:28 PM
This is news? Welcome to 2007!

The entire planet only has been using Google to search for everything since its inception.

Grimm
01-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Boy if I thought my back could handle full time detailing I would really look seriously into doing it. When I looked in the yellow pages for detailers there is like one place nearby, and when I try and internet search virtually nothing comes up in the surrounding area.