PDA

View Full Version : This isn`t going to buff right out.

Scottwax
01-15-2007, 05:21 PM
thought I was playing it safe, staying at my brother`s last night and not driving...

...that is, until his wife backed out of his driveway this morning. :(

http://upshizzle.com/gallery/albums/01.07/fenderbender1.jpg

http://upshizzle.com/gallery/albums/01.07/fenderbender2.jpg

3 hours earlier, my car looked like this:

http://upshizzle.com/gallery/albums/01.07/car_ice_011507v1.jpg

Lucky for my brother (and me) his old neighbor owns the best body shop in the Dallas area (Mister Collision) and he cut my brother a good deal on fixing my car, plus he will toss in repainting my hood (repainted before I got the car, ****** job) for material cost. I guess it helps that between my brother and I, we`ve sent him close to $100,000 of business over the last several years.

SpoiledMan
01-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Is that ICE??????

imported_paradigm
01-15-2007, 05:31 PM
man...you have really been having some bad luck with car accidents lately! sorry about the ride...and that ice is crazy!

Scottwax
01-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Is that ICE??????

Ice and sleet. Not a factor in her hitting my car, she just wasn`t paying attention, the ice in the driveway had already melted.

imported_Dave KG
01-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Sorry to see this, but glad to hear you are getting it sorted out.

Bigpoppa3346
01-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Ouch, sorry to see that Scott. At least you are getting it fixed by the best.

Laxpunk2006
01-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Crazy weather. Sleeting in Texas and 70 degrees in Maryland in the middle of January. Well I`m not complaining.

Sorry about your car, at least you`re getting a repaint out o fit. Heres to a good job on a repair.

paul34
01-15-2007, 06:22 PM
That sucks dude. I had family over this weekend, and some 15 year old girl backing out of her driveway by herself (that`s illegal with a permit only) in her mom`s BMW 3-series backed into my cousin`s 07 Camry (across a street that`s probably over 10 feet wide) and took out the wheel cover and scratched the rear bumper cover. man..

what is it with people lately?

cwcad
01-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Sorry to see that kind of thing happen to your vehicle but it is nice to have a silver lining in your dark cloud with a good deal on repair thru your body shop. Plus it will be nice to have the hood repainted.

Had similar weather down here in Harker Heights, Tx.. The Black truck of mine never did thaw today. Nor did it move.

klnyc
01-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Wow, u get ice and sleets down there? Shoot, im still waiting for some snow storm up here, so I can test out my AWD Subie :D

Can`t wait to see the out come of the paint job. Haha, maybe you can try out the ZAIO and ZCS. ;)

David Fermani
01-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Is the shop repairing or replacing the fender? Have them blend the door if it`s getting replaced.

Scottwax
01-16-2007, 12:47 AM
Is the shop repairing or replacing the fender? Have them blend the door if it`s getting replaced.

He will probably repair the fender, honestly, if the paint hadn`t cracked, it probably could be PDR`ed.

I trust his judgement as to whether or not he needs to shoot the door to blend black paint or not. He doesn`t have the repainting part of the estimate broken down as to what all he will paint.

My brother not only lucked out with us knowing the owner of the body shop but also that his mother-in-law is out of town so his wife can use her car and I can use her Mountaineer. That saves him $150 or so on a rental for a few days...and I get to drive something a lot nicer than I`d get to rent.