PDA

View Full Version : s100 carnuba vs. p21s concours

SamW
04-24-2005, 10:32 PM
Whats the difference?

cwcad
04-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Although I am not a chemist. From what i have gathered on this forum, as well as others, is the biggest difference is price.

SamW
04-25-2005, 12:09 AM
lol, thats good to know (if its true). Both can be applied with a pc, correct?

cwcad
04-25-2005, 01:06 AM
I have to say yes to that. you can apply just about anything with a pc. But i would do it by hand. I did not have to much luck getting P21S out of the container. The applicator provided with my P21S was terrific. Also applying P21S by hand makes it a much more personal experience. IMHO.

Blinded
04-25-2005, 09:49 AM
Paste products are probably easiest if you just use a foam applicator and your hands. Using a PC doesn`t do anything for paste products except slow you down. You can use a PC with them but it is just easier to do it by hand.

mrnewguy
04-27-2005, 03:28 PM
As far as I know just packaging, target audience etc. I have no proof of this it is just what I have heard. I use Pinnacle Souveran as my Carnuba so I really don`t care.

BlackSunshine
04-27-2005, 06:25 PM
read this somewhere........s100 is targeted toward bike owners and p21s is for cars. The difference is the clarity although it is not much. There are two types of carnauba. there is the whiter looking carnauba taken from young plants and the yellow is taken from the older , more mature plants. the s100 has a higher concentration of yellow carnauba, which also has more durability and can withstand higher temps than the whiter carnauba. The p21s is mostly a lighter carnauba which is also more clear making it ideal for car finishes. This is my two cents....if you hold them side by side they are just slightly a shade off...not much diff. I would go with s100 for greater durability since you would be paying less without much of a difference in any other aspect.