PDA

View Full Version : FK1 303 Foam Pad Glaze

steelwind101
01-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how much cut the micro polishing agents containted in this product have??

Im thinking its probably like SSR1?? A bit like a finishing polish??

Thanks

Geoff

slippy
01-15-2007, 04:40 PM
I do not have a lot of experience with the product,Bence is the FK Guru:D,but i can say that when i used it for the first time,i was surprised at how much it can correct on its own.

I think it has a fair amount of `bite` to it,so is probably a step up from a true finishing polish.

imported_Bence
01-15-2007, 06:44 PM
First time, "I was prepared mentally" to use a glaze. Slapped on a finishing pad, and quickly covered the area on speed 3-4 (DA). Upon removal, I discovered fine marring - on my previously gem-polished surface! Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh...

***? Can it be that it has so much bite? It is a glaze isn`t it? Ah yes, a foam pad glaze - that means in FK1 lingo that it simply needs a machine. Yes, and more. It behaves like a true finishing polish and it should be worked it enough to break it down sufficiently. It adds richness - but even this is not always obvious. The 303 is far more durable than most glazes and it won`t compromise the life cycle of the LSPs. But it needs a different approach than a *simple* glaze. It works well with a polishing pad and even with a light cutting pad too. FK1 polishes have surprising working times, so it won`t dry out too soon.

I`ve learned that an FK1 product will work the best when I follow their descriptions very closely. When they write that you should work the product in very well, then a simple WOWO won`t be enough. Simple. Unfortunately I haven`t tried the 300 hand glaze.