PDA

View Full Version : ZFX and Z2 in conjunction with AIO and SG?

danforz
01-15-2007, 02:14 AM
1) Wash + AIO

2) ZFX + Z2

3) SG

4) Carnuba (natty blue)

How does that combo sound? Any adjustments?

Thanks as always :)

cwcad
01-15-2007, 08:47 AM
It would seem to me that you are doubling up on protection. If it were me I would chose between the two sealants. It would either be SG or Z2. Not both.

As far as topping a sealant with a wax that it strictly up to you. Many top SG with a carnuaba. Many do not.

Try a portion of the hood and see if you like the look. Maybe that will help you decide about wether or not to use a wax.

imported_MCA
01-15-2007, 09:34 AM
I have used AIO and followed with Z2Pro (no ZFX or Z1) and still got great durability (2 layers for ~5 months) and great looks. I agree with cwcad, choose either Zaino or Klasse SG as the sealant. SG was my sealant of choice for a long time, but Zaino just has it beat in most categories. I personally do not top Zaino except with Z8 so I can add another layer in the future, but topping is all about personal preference...Natty`s Blue is an exceptional wax and does sound enticing.

danforz
01-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Interesting, I thought z2pro was just a polish, not a sealer?

BMW335i
01-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Interesting, I thought z2pro was just a polish, not a sealer?

Hehe, I used to think the same. It is actually a sealant (despite the website) and If I were you, I wouldn`t top anything over the Z2/Z5. I would just use Z8 (the Grand Finale Spray) to maintain it/give better optics. The Z2/Z5 is supposed to be an LSP in itself.

wannafbody
01-15-2007, 07:09 PM
drop the SG- no need for it over Zaino