PDA

View Full Version : Noob in need of advice..

Shades
01-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Ok, I know this question is probably beyond ridiculous, but I was playing around on a test spot on my car the other day and I did Clay, Megs Swirl Remover 2.0 on 6 in a left to right pattern (orange pad), followed by klasse aio (red pad (griots)), then sg (mf bonnet). First off, what is your opinion on those things and the order I did them? The main thing I wanna know is, after I finished there were those pc buffer marks. How do you get rid of those? Does the 2.0 have a pretty heavy cutting ability and I need to come in with a finer polish? Thanks guys!

coupe
01-14-2007, 02:16 PM
You mean you have micro-marring?

Shades
01-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Sure! Ha ha! Haven`t pinned down the terminology yet! It looks like smears or something

imported_Dave KG
01-14-2007, 03:53 PM
IIRC, the Megs Swirl Remover 2.0 (#9) has filler in it as well as a light cut... Now, the AIO is a chemical cleanser that would act to remove these filler and thus reveal any of the swirls that the #9 had filled rather than remove, so I wouldn`t have personally used AIO after the #9.

Regrading light micromarring, the #9 has a light cut so should`t be inflicting any easily noticeable micromarring. Just to check and see if its micromarring you are seeing, do the marks look like whats in the pic below?

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7916/p1010007sk6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

If so, this is generally the result of not fully breaking down a polish, in which case I would suggest reducing the area that you work at once (to something like 18" by 18" max), and working the polish for more passes, until the residue goes clear.

Shades
01-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Yes, its still has a few swirls in it but its more like big left to right smudges. It has happened before when I just put a coat of wax on by pc. Ok, so what if I AIO it before the swirl remover? Is that even necessary? I guess I don`t really see where the AIO and SG come into play in detailing? Please tell me where the best use is for the twins. Thanks

imported_Dave KG
01-15-2007, 04:24 AM
If you used AIO before the #9, then the #9 would then remove the sealent layer left by the AIO. The AIO and SG twins are ideal to be used after a cutting polish which does not fill the defects as well, something like Menzerna or Optimum for example. Then top the AIO with the SG for a long lasting durable finish.

On good condition paint, the AIO and SG can also be used on there own to great effect.