PDA

View Full Version : Just got a PC 7336SP and looking for tips from the best

Pages : [1] 2

Por2geezSupra
01-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Hey guys, i just picked up a PC 7336SP from lowes today at the very low price of $47. Ive been wanting to get a 7424 for a while, but i couldnt pass up this deal. I know the only difference between the two is that the 7336 has a 6" counterweight and the 7424 has a 5". Isnt the 6" in the 7336 better for use with a 6" or larger buffing pad?

My question for you guys is which polishes, swirl removers, waxes, etc will get me headed in the right direction with polishing using the PC? I have a red toyota supra turbo, and my paint is in awesome condition, but i have some swirl marks that i want to get rid of, and want to get the deepest possible shine out of it. If you could give me a list of the best products and the best pads to use with each product from your experience, that would be awesome. And also, if you could give me the specific order in which you would use each product that would be perfect. Thanks!

Jo Donny
01-13-2007, 11:34 PM
I`m too much of a newbie with this stuff, but I`de love to see pictures of the supra!

Juztang
01-13-2007, 11:44 PM
You will need to get a backing plate and different pads for the PC. I highly recommend the Lake Country line. I use a 5 inch backing plate and 6.5 pads. That is probably the most popular combo on here. You will need a couple of white polishing pads, orange light cutting pads and probably some gray finishing pads ot put on waxes,glazes, and sealants.

My go to line of polishes is the Optimum line. They are very user friendly and they do not dust. They can also be worked in longer than most polishes without drying out. The Compound and Polish should get you by.

After that ClearKote Red Moose glaze will really make the red look deep and wet looking.

There are so many different sealants and waxes to choose from. I really like Poorboys EX-P and a lot of people on here like the Jeff Werkstatt Acrylic Jet and ACT.

I really like the Poorboys Natty`s blue paste wax and ClearKote Carnuba Wax. Also P21S works great too.

A lot of the products just depend on your personal preference.

noooorb
01-14-2007, 12:05 AM
The recommendations Juztang made are exactly what I use and I get great results. Now post pics of that supra:xyxthumbs

Por2geezSupra
01-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Juztang, thanks for the tips. Do you think you could put those products in order from which one you use first to which one you use last, and which pads you would use with each product?

Ill post pics of my supra up in a little bit for those who asked.

Juztang
01-14-2007, 12:26 AM
First I would wash and claybar. The claybar will get all of the contaminants out of the paiint and make the finish really smooth.

I always start out with the least aggressive polish/pad combo and work my way up. Start with the Optimum polish and orange or white pad and if you don`t get the results you are looking for bump up to the Compound.

Next would be the glaze with a finishing pad on speed 4. It will literally just disappear into the paint.

Next you could apply a sealant or wax or both. I usually do both. You can apply the sealant with a finishing pad or by hand. Paste waxes I always apply by hand.

Por2geezSupra
01-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Alright, so to break it down:

-wash with 2 bucket method

-clay bar

-wash again after claybar

-Optimum compound with orange pad

-Optimum polish with white pad

-Clearkote red moose glaze with gray pad

-Poorboys EX-P

Do i apply the EX-P with the PC and a blue pad? after the EX-P, do you apply Poorboys natty`s blue paste wax by hand?

Juztang
01-14-2007, 12:59 AM
Everything looks good. You can layer the EX-P also. I like to put it on the vehicle and leave it on there for an hour for maximum durability and looks. I would wait 24 hours in between layers. You can apply it with the PC if you want and a blue pad will work fine too. Then I apply the Natty`s blue by hand after the EX-P has cured.

AngieD
01-14-2007, 01:03 AM
I agree with all of the products mentioned too. Another option for a sealant would be the AJT. I also like to the edge pads.

Por2geezSupra
01-14-2007, 01:04 AM
How many layers do you usually apply of the EX-P? What kind of pad do you use to remove the EX-P after it has sat for an hour, or do you usually remove it by hand with a microfiber towel?

Juztang
01-14-2007, 01:06 AM
I would apply at least 2, past that is really overkill. I just use a microfiber to buff of the EX-P.

Juztang
01-14-2007, 01:11 AM
Here is a site with a ton of useful detailing information. It also has vidoes on how to use the pc correctly. This will probably help you out a lot .... Paint Care & Detailing (http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/)

Por2geezSupra
01-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Cool man, thanks for the site.

I think i got the basics down now, here it goes one more time:

-wash car

-clay bar

-wash again

-Optimum compound with orange pad

-Optimum polish with white pad

-Clearkote red moose glaze with gray pad

-Poorboys EX-P with blue pad X2

-Poorboys Natty`s blue paste wax by hand

What kind of microfiber towes are the best to remove wax and polish?

noooorb
01-14-2007, 02:18 AM
Search on autogeek.net for cobra microfiber towels. Polishes usually are best removed with the higher quality microfiber towels.

Por2geezSupra
01-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Where is the cheapest place to buy a 6" hook and loop velcro backin plate? Or, do any of you know anyone that is selling one for cheap?