PDA

View Full Version : New VOC Laws - Help or Hinder?

SuperBuick
01-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Speaking strictly from a product standpoint, do the new VOC regulations help or hurt detailers. In other words, are the new VOC compliant products better or worse (less diluted? more diluted?) than they were before. Part of me would like to think that some products would have fewer solvents and as a result would thus be more "concentrated" (waxes? sealants?) but then I`m also wondering if the manufacturers just use a different, "legal" medium to dilute them.

Anyone have any insight?

ZaneO
01-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Both. Some products are forced to be better (technology-wise), and some products are forced to be less effective (ie. pre-VOC AIO).

Scottwax
01-14-2007, 03:15 AM
Werkstatt`s Acrylic Jett had a different carrier when I tried it under the Shokar label in late 2005. Not sure if that was a VOC forced change though.

Honestly, other than #16 being dropped, I haven`t noticed any performance differences.

wannafbody
01-14-2007, 10:09 AM
many products have had to be reformulated-the end results have been reduced durability for some

firegate
01-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Klasse AIO and VLRP were both better products prior to the VOC regs in my opinion. Other than that and Megs having to drop #16, its been mostly the same.