PDA

View Full Version : Creating my own spray on wax from a paste?

danforz
01-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey guys... I was considering purchasing Meg`s #16 or Pinnacle as a replacment for my Natty`s Blue (natty`s wasn`t all that great in my opinion, would like to try another). However, I have a near full jar of Natty`s now, and before I purchase another wax I`d like to make use of it.

If I took a small chunk out of the paste, crumbled it up, put it into warm/hot water, shake violently... would this make a spray on wax?

Think I could then mix and match waxes to make an even more potent spray on wax?

Setec Astronomy
01-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Um...no, hot water won`t do it. Wax and water won`t mix...that`s worse than salad dressing!

BMW335i
01-13-2007, 10:35 PM
I don`t think it`s that easy. Otherwise you would probably see multiple threads on that here.

MBurnickas
01-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Next times try it a little more before you buy a case, lol. I`d say many people will take that off your hands via trade or paypal. Natty`s is good stuff, what you don`t like about it?

danforz
01-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Next times try it a little more before you buy a case, lol. I`d say many people will take that off your hands via trade or paypal. Natty`s is good stuff, what you don`t like about it?

By case I meant jar. After AIO, SG, and Natty`s Blue, my car didn`t look as stunning as I had expected. I`m curious to try another product to compare the results.

Juztang
01-13-2007, 11:47 PM
I`ve always had great results with the Natty`s. P21S is pretty popular on here.

imported_Surfer
01-14-2007, 12:52 AM
That`s odd, I love my Natty`s Blue, even comparing against Souveran, I found it to have a touch more depth/wettness but Souv had an slight edge in "glow". I`ve even gotten great durability out of NB. I actually just stripped down my truck to apply XMT Finishing Glaze and NB.

wannafbody
01-14-2007, 10:11 AM
you want to start with a liquid wax and add solvents- but why bother? Just get a bottle of Duragloss AW and save yourself time and money.

imported_StudyBuddy
01-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I`ve gotten great results with Natty`s, even when compared to Souveran on my black car. The beauty is in the prep work and polishing.

Anthony O.
01-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Heat up most paste waxes and they will flame out, catch fire would be a better word.

Unless you`re a chemist and know what solvents to use don`t bother.

Anthony