PDA

View Full Version : Eagle 1 All Wheel & Tire Cleaner- any cheaper options?

MMasz
01-13-2007, 06:40 PM
I`ve been using this stuff and am quite pleased with its effectiveness, but its more expensive than I`d like.

Any recommendations on other effective tire cleaners that can be purchased in bulk? Hi-Temp sells gallon sized stuff, but I`ve not used their products yet.

Thanks in advance.

Demonicus666
01-13-2007, 07:08 PM
What is the hi temp website your talking about??

Bigpoppa3346
01-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi-Temp tire cleaner is the sh!t. Dirt cheap, dilutes 1:1 and cleans crap out of your tires that you had no idea was there. Like any good sealant, tire dressings require a clean base, too. Consider this the PO85RD of tire cleaners. I have cleaned some tires 4 times in one session with the stuff and was still pulling crap out of the tires.

Can be bought at topoftheline.com

BigAl3
01-13-2007, 09:37 PM
I`ve been using this stuff and am quite pleased with its effectiveness, but its more expensive than I`d like.

agreed, it`s my fave wheel cleaner. i wish they sold it in gallons! since it`s five dollars a bottle, i use it about every third wash and apc in between...

Big Kahuna
01-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi-Temp tire cleaner is the sh!t. Dirt cheap, dilutes 1:1 and cleans crap out of your tires that you had no idea was there. Like any good sealant, tire dressings require a clean base, too. Consider this the PO85RD of tire cleaners. I have cleaned some tires 4 times in one session with the stuff and was still pulling crap out of the tires.

Can be bought at topoftheline.com

Are you talking about the Power Wheel Cleaner? Did you try the Safe Wheel Cleaner? And does either works well on tires?

MMasz
01-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Since this got bumped up, I just received some Hi-Temp Tire Cleaner. It`s non-foaming, but seems to work as well as the Eagle 1. I bought a gallon, but after shipping was added, the price was only so-so. I`ll have to see how much I use to determine whether it is more economical than the Eagle 1 stuff.

Big Kahuna
01-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Since this got bumped up, I just received some Hi-Temp Tire Cleaner. It`s non-foaming, but seems to work as well as the Eagle 1. I bought a gallon, but after shipping was added, the price was only so-so. I`ll have to see how much I use to determine whether it is more economical than the Eagle 1 stuff.

Did you use it on your wheel well? What about wheels?

RobD
01-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Advance Auto has their version of E1 AW&TC - Advance Auto "Wheel and Tire Cleaner". It even says, "compare to E1 AW&TC" on the bottle. They have a buy one, get one free going on, now. I picked up the two bottles and used it once so far. It worked well, but I`ve only used it on the wheels and not the tires. The 32 oz. bottle (E1 is 26 oz., I think) is under $5, or, approximately a buck cheaper than E1 AW&TC.

Note: it does say that it is not made by Eagle One. So, if you`re hoping it`s made by E1 for Advance Auto, it`s not. But, it does say "Made In The USA" on it. :D

Bigpoppa3346
01-21-2007, 10:28 AM
I use Hi-Temp tire cleaner on tires and in dirty wells. It is much more economical than OTC stuff, seeing as it is around $15 a gallon, IIRC, and dilutes 1:1.

phahn
02-20-2007, 03:37 PM
which hi-temp tire cleaner is everyone using, the "safe wheel cleaner" (the green one) or the "tire cleaner" that looks yellowish in color? And can hi-temp products be purchased anywhere except Top Of the Line?

Thanks,

Pete

Woob
02-20-2007, 10:17 PM
which hi-temp tire cleaner is everyone using, the "safe wheel cleaner" (the green one) or the "tire cleaner" that looks yellowish in color? And can hi-temp products be purchased anywhere except Top Of the Line?

Thanks,

Pete

"Tire Cleaner", buy it by the gallon! HiTemp is only bought through Top of the Line, they are the only distributor.

the0ne
02-21-2007, 03:48 AM
Advance Auto has their version of E1 AW&TC - Advance Auto "Wheel and Tire Cleaner". It even says, "compare to E1 AW&TC" on the bottle. They have a buy one, get one free going on, now. I picked up the two bottles and used it once so far. It worked well, but I`ve only used it on the wheels and not the tires. The 32 oz. bottle (E1 is 26 oz., I think) is under $5, or, approximately a buck cheaper than E1 AW&TC.

Note: it does say that it is not made by Eagle One. So, if you`re hoping it`s made by E1 for Advance Auto, it`s not. But, it does say "Made In The USA" on it. :D

I also got 4 bottles of this cleaner, works very well

imported_fishbonezken
02-21-2007, 04:50 AM
Does anyone know the Meguiar`s equivalent to EO`s All Wheel and Tire Cleaner?

I have tried Meguiar`s All Purpose Cleaner and Safe D-Greaser at 4:1

and both dont seem to clean as well as EO`s All Wheel and Tire Cleaner.

EO`s AW&TC will give me a clean tire completely stripping off any dressing that`s on the tire.

Which Meguiar`s APC and Safe D-Greaser can`t.

should I try Super Degreaser?

Appreciate any feedback, thanks!

mixxmstrmike
03-26-2007, 06:01 PM
I got a chance to try out Hi-Temp`s Tire Cleaner over the weekend and I`m very impressed. I absolutely love Eagle One`s tire cleaner, but having several cars to clean, didn`t necessarily love the price and rate I was going through with this product. It is, however, the best I`ve used to clean my tires.

With this said, after sending a PM to Bigpoppa3346 on his thoughts on Hi-Temp`s Tire Cleaner, I placed an order for not one gallon, but TWO gallons. I`m glad I made the purchase and don`t regret it one bit. I cut the tire cleaner with regular water 1:1 and the test subject was my sister`s Honda Pilot with about 11k on the odometer. The vehicle is regularly washed, but the tires looked like they were gray, rather than black. I sprayed each tire thoroughly and waited for the action to happen and like the Eagle One, the non-foaming solution turned brown. Excellent! I waited for about 30 to 40 seconds to hose it off and the tire was dried and ready for dressing!

I would definitely purchase this product again. :2thumbs:

On a side note, I purchased a product called Mag Wheel Plus, a P & S product. It`s supposed to be safe for OEM clear coated wheels and does contain Ammonium Hydrogendifluoride so I`ll proceed with caution. I bought it as an alternative for the Hi-Temp Tire Cleaner if it works just as well only because I can purchase it locally.

-Mike