PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts on OPS, excel montery WW

Pages : [1] 2

Envious Eric
01-13-2007, 04:41 PM
optimum poli-seal - slickest stuff I have ever used...even more so than the zaino i used 2 years ago with multiple coats, but poliseal is more slick with only one coat, then it gets even better with OCW applied - this may become my new sealant

as for the polishing aspect of it, is there a polish to it? :LOLOL I tried it on a BMW, no polishing effects. tried on a pontiac, no polishing effects. It didnt remove any swirling on those two cars, and I used a white lake country pad...which leads me to believe if you are getting reduced marring/swirling, its not the PS, its the pad!

exceldetail WW monteray towels are the best drying towels I have ever used...i have tried meguiars WW, some costco ones, and pakshak WW....the excel WW are by far the softest and most absorbant, while contribute the least amount marring out of all drying towels!!! I am glad I ordered 6 of them this time, and will be ordering more once summer comes around! My other WW towel have just become interior work towels, just need to cut them up and down to size!

archer39
01-13-2007, 05:18 PM
optimum poli-seal - slickest stuff I have ever used...even more so than the zaino i used 2 years ago with multiple coats, but poliseal is more slick with only one coat, then it gets even better with OCW applied - this may become my new sealant

what kind of durability do you get from that combo? Also OCW, how do you apply it (spay on while wipe off the pol-seal)?

Juztang
01-13-2007, 05:29 PM
THE OPS does have light abrassives. I have taken out light swirls with an orange LC pad quite a few times. I think the OPS cut is similar to the OP. The OPS can`t be worked as long though, it basically just melts right into the paint. I also love how slick it leaves the finish.

I`ve been using the new PB PWS lately and leaves the finish really slick too. It doesn`t have any abrassives though, it is a chemical polish and cut really depends on what pad you use. I think the PWS is going to be very popular too.

Juztang
01-13-2007, 05:32 PM
what kind of durability do you get from that combo? Also OCW, how do you apply it (spay on while wipe off the pol-seal)?

I`ve seen around 3 months + durability with the OPS and Spray Wax combo. The Spray Wax really adds to the look and make the paint look even deeper.

Scottwax
01-13-2007, 06:21 PM
I`ve seen around 3 months + durability with the OPS and Spray Wax combo. The Spray Wax really adds to the look and make the paint look even deeper.

Same here. The combo has a very rich carnauba look to it.

Envious Eric
01-13-2007, 06:41 PM
this is the first time i have used it, back to back days for both cars, so i cant comment on the durability, but I know others see 3+...

maybe this is a trick to get durability with the carnuba look!!!!

archer39
01-13-2007, 08:12 PM
i have had it on my car now for 1 month, that would be great if it last another 2.

how did you apply the OPW?

Juztang
01-13-2007, 08:34 PM
I just mist a little on each panel and then wipe of with a microfiber. Very easy to use, it saves me a lot of time plus it looks good.

imported_DieselMDX
01-13-2007, 09:21 PM
I agree on the very little correction with ops, i will have to use it with a orange pad next

Anthony O.
01-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Ron and I knocked out a few cars today, despite the horrible weather, at Porsche. A black 06 Mercedes CLS and an silver 03 Porsche C4S.

The Mercedes was done in one step with OP, Dynabrade on a PC rotary set at 5 and applied with a new LC orange pad. It removed alot of crap in the paint plus left us with no marring from the pad. So if you use it correctly it can do some really nice correcting.

The silver Porsche got 2 steps. Rotary with a green pad, 1800 rpm`s for the top portions and 1400 for the sides. I used Hyper for the cutting step. Next came an LC white pad, 1200 rpm`s and OCP applied with a Dynabrade. Sealed with OPS, except for the driver fender where I applied the new Optimum sealant.

For Ron and I, OPS does some decent paint correction.

Anthony

BigAl3
01-14-2007, 12:13 AM
exceldetail WW monteray towels are the best drying towels I have ever used...i have tried meguiars WW, some costco ones, and pakshak WW....the excel WW are by far the softest and most absorbant, while contribute the least amount marring out of all drying towels!!!

i currently have the new CG`s waffle weave and it`s the nicest ww i own (have cobra, pakshak, etc), but i`m always on the hunt to find something better. hmmm... i may have to order one, and not to mention patrick/exceldetail is excellent to do business with! :up

Whitethunder46
01-14-2007, 12:25 AM
I was about to order some OPS in hopes that I could use it on customer car`s as a one stepper.

Remove light swirls with an orange pad and hopefully leave no marring. This way I could buff off and have a 3 month protection right away.

Sounds like it`s not gonna happen?

Juztang
01-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Actually I use the orange pad and the Poli Seal all the time this way. I know of many others on here with the same results including Scottwax. I don`t think you will be dissappointed.

imported_Brock
01-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Has anybody tried layering sealants over Poli-Seal (like UPP)?

I noticed PS states it contains carnauba....

Eliot Ness
01-19-2007, 10:10 PM
i currently have the new CG`s waffle weave and it`s the nicest ww i own (have cobra, pakshak, etc), but i`m always on the hunt to find something better. hmmm... i may have to order one, and not to mention patrick/exceldetail is excellent to do business with! :upI recently ordered one of the CG`s WW (http://www.chemicalguys.com/product_p/mic_703_01.htm) also and was very impressed with it because I like my WW`s to be soft and absorbent, and this was one of the softest I have found in that large of a size with the satin binding.

Then today I received my order from Patrick (Ecceldetail) of three Excel Monterey (http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=29280&pd=133820) WW`s and was pleased to discover they are just as soft as the CG towel but at a better price and much better service and faster shipping. In fact, I can`t tell any difference between the two, so I`ll be ordering several more of these from Excel very, very, soon. If you like the CG WW then you`ll also like the Excel.

I too have more brands of WW`s than I care to list but the Excel Monterey WW is by far my favorite. The CG WW is just as good, but why pay more for the same great towel.