PDA

View Full Version : Rubber trim, windshield wipers cleaning questions

BMW335i
01-13-2007, 12:19 PM
When washing the car, do you just use your soapy mitt to clean the wipers? Or is it that when the car is already clean and dry you can go back with a MF and spray some glass cleaner (stoners) on the MF and wipe them clean? As for rubber trim, (door/trunk seals), how can I go about cleaning them>? Would Z9 work well?

White95Max
01-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Don`t use glass cleaner on your wiper blades. It will only decrease the life of the rubber.

Yes, I wash my wiper blades with the soapy mitt just before I wash the windshield.

I clean my door seals with either a solution of car soap and water, or an APC/water solution. When they are clean, I use 1Z Gummipflege on them to keep them soft and black.

BMW335i
01-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Don`t use glass cleaner on your wiper blades. It will only decrease the life of the rubber.

Yes, I wash my wiper blades with the soapy mitt just before I wash the windshield.

I clean my door seals with either a solution of car soap and water, or an APC/water solution. When they are clean, I use 1Z Gummipflege on them to keep them soft and black.

I think 303 would be a nice protectant for the rubber trim around doors also?

White95Max
01-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Sure, but Gummipflege is my favorite. I can come back 6 months later and it still looks and feels like new. Terrific stuff.