PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Windshield Wipers

imported_Malachi
01-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Others than 303 Wiper Treatment, is there anything else that has been found affective in cleaning wipers. I am trying to get rid of the streaks.

I thought about using Woolite 6-1....

TIA

MattPersman
01-13-2007, 06:31 AM
don`t know if anyone else has had luck with the 303 wiper treatment but I didn`t find it helped at all. IPA will clean them, may dry them out though, I am unsure about that.

RTexasF
01-13-2007, 06:49 AM
Here`s a different angle....clean the windshield thoroughly then use Klasse AIO on it. Replace the wiper blades with new ones.

jdthompson
01-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Einszett Glas Polish seems to be about the best regarded glass cleaner - I`ve seen pics, forget where, where someone did their freshly washed windscreen using a porter cable and a 4" pad and the pad damn near went black from all the grime it got off, it works well by hand too.

For wipers, I`d also try the Glas Polish or failing that try vinegar.

imported_Malachi
01-13-2007, 02:03 PM
The problem is not having a clean windshield. I clean my windshield often.

The wiper problem is of a result that during day to day driving you get bugs, dirt, bird droppings on the windshield and one typically uses the wipers with the wiper fulid to wipe them off. Once that happens, you have stuff on the windshield wiper.

So I was wondering what was the best way to clean them so streaking does not occur and the resulting loss of clear vision?

BigJimZ28
01-13-2007, 06:56 PM
wd-40 on the blade works well

cleans them and keeps them soft

velobard
01-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Why clean them when you can sharpen them? ;)

Wiper Blade Sharpener - $24.99 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items! (http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=23)

klnyc
01-14-2007, 09:24 AM
^^^Hahaha, I wonder what other goodies they make for our cars :D

Joke aside, I use AIO to clean the windsheild and use ISA to clean the blade.

imported_mburnickas
01-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Why clean them when you can sharpen them? ;)

Wiper Blade Sharpener - $24.99 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items! (http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=23)

Good find. I wonder if the price is a savings for baldes. EX, if I get another 4 months out of each set of blades sure. But if I sharpern or not and they last 5 months still......

sspeer
01-14-2007, 12:00 PM
I agree about a good windshield polish doing wonders. I used some Autoglym Glass polish and my blades acted like new.

velobard
01-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Good find. I wonder if the price is a savings for baldes. EX, if I get another 4 months out of each set of blades sure. But if I sharpern or not and they last 5 months still......

If you like that, you should also enjoy this:

Engine Oil Bypass Kit - $49.95 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items! (http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8)

Why run the risk of getting the expensive oil you bought dirty by running it through the engine? After all, all of us here like clean cars....take it to the next level by keeping your oil clean, too!

Cleaning Fool
01-14-2007, 12:19 PM
I used to think I cleaned my windows pretty good, until I used Autoglyms Glass Polish with my PC...It does for glass what polish does for paint...

imported_Malachi
01-14-2007, 03:09 PM
wd-40 on the blade works well

cleans them and keeps them soft

Thanks!

That is an interesting idea. Anyone else tried this?

socommatthews
01-14-2007, 03:33 PM
i just use a washcloth and NXT wash and run the cloth down the length of the blade a couple of times and they get very clean,no streaks and they dont dry out.no need for a fancy smancy cleaner;)

imported_Dave1
01-14-2007, 04:05 PM
I used to think I cleaned my windows pretty good, until I used Autoglyms Glass Polish with my PC...It does for glass what polish does for paint...

I need to try some Autoglyms.....thanks for the tip......:xyxthumbs