PDA

View Full Version : What should I use after S&W?

Smashraj84
01-12-2007, 10:29 AM
My car was washed, clayed, and sealed last weekend. I`m planning on S&Win` my car this weekend. What are some recommendations for a product to use after S&W that will add gloss and shine? From what I`ve read, it seems ClearKote Quik Shine, PB`s S&G, FK425 and Danase Speed Shine Detailing Spray seem to be talked about alot.

Juztang
01-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Poorboys S&G and ClearKote Quik Shine are my goto quick detailers. You can`t go wrong with either.

tyoung
01-12-2007, 10:49 AM
+1 for FK1 425, PB S&G, QuikShine, these are probably the best I`ve used. For OTC+, Megs Last Touch or Final Inspection are great too.

Eliot Ness
01-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Poorboys S&G and ClearKote Quik Shine are my goto quick detailers. You can`t go wrong with either.+1 on both of those QD`s.

imported_smprince1
01-12-2007, 12:03 PM
[quote name=`Smashraj84`]... What are some recommendations for a product to use after S&W that will add gloss and shine? ...QUOTE]

Since you`ll be squeaky clean after the S&W, you can apply any spray type LSP such as DG Aquawax, Optimum Spray Wax, etc.

beemerboy1
01-12-2007, 12:18 PM
I do S&W cleanings all the time then follow up with an good QD spray, its my quick just washed and waxed look!

S&W is about the best product that I have found in the last several years

Smashraj84
01-12-2007, 01:13 PM
I do S&W cleanings all the time then follow up with an good QD spray, its my quick just washed and waxed look!

S&W is about the best product that I have found in the last several years

I ended up getting some S&G AND Quik Shine.

tyoung
01-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I ended up getting some S&G AND Quik Shine.

You will love them both. One thing I found with S&G, a little goes a long way. I used too much and got streaking. One light spray per panel is all you need, and will spread nice and smooth.

QuikShine works great on the interior as well as the outside, great stuff. :woot:

Smashraj84
01-12-2007, 01:27 PM
You will love them both. One thing I found with S&G, a little goes a long way. I used too much and got streaking. One light spray per panel is all you need, and will spread nice and smooth.

QuikShine works great on the interior as well as the outside, great stuff. :woot:

Thanks for the tip. I`ll keep that in mind when I get my order.

Is there one you would suggest over the other after using S&W? I was thinking that I would use S&G after I use S&W (once maybe twice a week) and use QuikShine after I bucket-wash my car (once every two to three weeks). Just like to keep things as simple and routine as possible.

Rfulmer
01-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the tip. I`ll keep that in mind when I get my order.

Is there one you would suggest over the other after using S&W? I was thinking that I would use S&G after I use S&W (once maybe twice a week) and use QuikShine after I bucket-wash my car (once every two to three weeks). Just like to keep things as simple and routine as possible.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Don`t forget to try QuickShine on your glass and mirrors, it works great.

And as the previous poster said, a little S&G goes a long way. Too much and I get streaks, but a flip of my MF towel and a quick buff and they are gone.

Smashraj84
01-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Well, since I JUST placed my order for S&G and Quik Shine, I didn`t have it tonight but I went ahead with the S&W. Wow, just wow. It hazed a little cause it was cold in my garage, but a quick buff and it was gone. I was amazed with the cleaning power. I used it everywhere but the tires.

Also, I was amazed how easy it was to clean my wheels because I sealed them this past weekend. There was a light coat of brake dust on and it came off easily with a swipe of a MF towel. Can`t wait to use the S&G.