PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone : Remember this one

Oreilly907
01-11-2007, 08:01 PM
We all deal with water doing this so remember, rubbing alcohol. A few months ago I jumped in a pool with my Raz`r phone. Dried it for a few hours, turned it on and fried it. Well, I replaced it with a Slvr, that last Sunday my girlfriend washed in the laundry, full wash, softner and all. I read, after the Raz`r accident, don`t try to turn the phone on, remove the battery, and soak the phone in rubbing alcohol for a few minutes, remove and place the phone on a forced air vent (car, home, ect) for 24 hours. I know this sounds nutty but thats what I did. I put it on the defroster vent for a 250 mile drive and then stuck it in the vent of the heater at the hotel I was in that night. `Assembled the phone (put in the battery and put the back on) the next morning and "viola", it came on, updated the time, and has worked flawless since. The LCD was a little cloudy for a couple of days but that went away. I just thought this may come in handy when one of you bends over to get the mitt out of the bucket and your phone lands in the wash water. Have a great day all.

Oh yea, my phone is cccllllleeaaannn!:woohoo:

imported_Surfer
01-11-2007, 09:03 PM
We have two Samsung cellphones that are like super phones lol, we have a salt water pool and I dropped my phone in once, and mother dropped hers twice in it. Somehow each one worked perfectly after drying, if anything I would figure salt water would eat at the electronics. :bigups