PDA

View Full Version : Klasse question...or a couple please

roadster
01-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Reading the Klasse review on the front page of the forum left me with a couple of questions:

When applying SG, what are the best products to moisten the applicator or MF with please?

When applying SG..... is the best way to apply and wipe off immediately, or let haze and harden first before wiping off?

I bought some Sonus (spritz or detailer) that has SG properties (spray and wipe sort of product)...Can SG be added to water to successfully to obtain the same results...and ease of use please?

thanks,

Nic

Accumulator
01-11-2007, 11:00 AM
You`re gonna get different/conflicting opinions on some of these issues, but I`ll toss out my $0.02.

I don`t use anything on my (foam) SG applicator except SG and I don`t use much of that either.

I prefer to let the SG dry/flash off before I buff it, although I use W-O-W-O when applying it to black plastic trim as it seems to eliminate (the rare instances of) streaking.

Can`t help with the SG/water mix, I either use a QD like FK425 after the wash or I apply more SG the conventional way.

Others do all of the above very differently from the way I do it (they moisten the applicator with water or QD; they use W-O-W-O; they spray on diluted SG as you`re contemplating) and are equally satisfied with their results. IMO you just have to find out what works best for *you* and this is one of those cases where a) you`ll only learn by trial-and-error and b) neither approach will give *awful*/problematic results so it`s pretty safe to do that experimenting. IMO#2 the biggest thing about KSG is to do *very* thin applications and this cannot be overstated.

Most any "oh [shoot]" issues with SG can be solved by re-AOIing the surface in question, you only waste time/effort/product by doing something "wrong".

ConglomrationAL
01-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I have KSG and apply it with a blue MF applicator-works great with that.

I let KSG dry for about 5-6 minutes before wiping off. If you apply it thin enough then you can let it sit for about that time and it`ll wipe off very easily.

For the 3rd question i wouldn`t add KSG to water and then use it as a detail spray. The properties in the Sonus Acrylic Spritz is not just water and acrylic sealant.

imported_Malachi
01-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Reading the Klasse review on the front page of the forum left me with a couple of questions:

When applying SG, what are the best products to moisten the applicator or MF with please?

When applying SG..... is the best way to apply and wipe off immediately, or let haze and harden first before wiping off?

I bought some Sonus (spritz or detailer) that has SG properties (spray and wipe sort of product)...Can SG be added to water to successfully to obtain the same results...and ease of use please?

thanks,

Nic

1) I prefer the foam pad over the mf pad. Foam does not absorb the product.

2) I do wipe on wipe off.

3) I tried that, it did not seem to work.

I love the Sonus Acrylic products with Klasse. Sonus does agreat job to create Klasse support products.

The BIG mistake is putting to much product on the car, otherwise this stuff just wipes right off. I can do my entire MDX with about an ounce.

I spritz my foam pad with a bottle that I got at a beauty supply shop. See the picture below. I was "totally sold" on the sealer when I was trying to wipe a hair off the hood and could not, then I realized it was trapped in one of my coats!

http://www.bmw540ifun.com/photogallery/MiscPics/SGbottleClose.jpg

http://www.bmw540ifun.com/photogallery/MiscPics/SGbottlewide.jpg

BigHonu
01-12-2007, 01:47 AM

thanks,

Nic

I like applying by hand with a foam applicator.

I always let it haze, but always had some difficulty buffing it out.

Reading some older posts, I mixed KSG with some distilled water (about 1:2) and just for kicks threw in a bit of KAIO. The idea was to use it as a booster after washes with the KAIO in there to help with any dried up water spots I missed. It seemed to work okay, and was nice that I could put it on practically anything, but I have since changed to other products and only do a rinseless wash now.

imported_steveo3002
01-12-2007, 04:57 AM
i damp the mf applicator with a spritz of water

superstring
01-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi Nic

Here`s a link to an (older) interview with the president of Klasse USA, which may provide a few answers or, at least, an interesting read :)

Klasse USA Interview (http://www.properautocare.com/inwiklusa.html)

fastfred
01-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Hi Nic

Here`s a link to an (older) interview with the president of Klasse USA, which may provide a few answers or, at least, an interesting read :)

Klasse USA Interview (http://www.properautocare.com/inwiklusa.html)

Not Nick,

but very informative.

Thanks for posting that.

Fred:up

roadster
01-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Thanks to all for the very informative replies...I enjoyed the interview as well....learned a lot...I have been using the on-off method and may attempt or experiment with letting the SG haze for different periods in the spring. Simply impossible to beat this forum.... :usa

Sincerely,

Nic