PDA

View Full Version : Spray n Wipe....how much you use?

klnyc
04-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Okay, I finally used on my 4 door Accord. It took nearly 8oz to completed entire car. So, I was wondering, how much you guys used on your car? I gussed it depend how big its your car? Good thing I got the 1qt type. ;) I`m diff going order a gallon next time :lol

awd330
04-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Try these threads for S&W usage comments -

Spray and Wipe: How many ounces does the average vehicle take? (http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=9580)

Poorboy`s S&W (http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=7919)

klnyc
04-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Thanks, I got it now. Yup I was around that mark..So 8oz isnt that bad, I guess.

awd330
04-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks, I got it now. Yup I was around that mark..So 8oz isnt that bad, I guess.
Actually, 8 ounces is way too much for an Accord. But, it`s typical for a new user to use too much S&W. Try to cut back to about 4 ounces or less for an Accord-sized vehicle.

klnyc
04-23-2005, 10:50 PM
You right..after I read those 2 threads you posted. Most of noobie(myslef) tend use more than they expected.

Eliot Ness
04-23-2005, 11:36 PM
I transfer most stuff like that into 2 ounce "fine mist" spray bottles. With a light film on a Caravan I used about the whole 2 ounces of S&W.

The sprayer on my 2 ounce bottles puts out a finer mist than the sprayer that was supplied with my bottle of S&W (came from a vendor other than Poorboy`s.... can`t remember who right now). On the just washed Caravan I only had to use about 1 ounce of S&G.

These are what my little bottles look like:

http://www.detailersparadise.com/View.asp?ProductID=55542004355232%2D2491365453

TW85
04-24-2005, 01:14 AM
My opinion is that on a product like this, it is SAFER to use more product than necessary though it may be a little more difficult to wipe clean. I`m willing to put a little more effort into it if need be (though it has always been a piece of cake).

joyriide1113
04-24-2005, 02:10 AM
3-4 mists per panel

klnyc
04-24-2005, 07:33 AM
Yup, I never knew how ez to use. I have my 32oz sit here since Dec `04 and never got a chance to use. I normally use old school method(bucket+shampoo). You guys ever work on a car that never been polished/waxed before with SnW? See, our cars had been taking care soo much, I think it much easier to clean than those havent wax/polish for years. So, any one of you guys ever use SnW on super negelected beaters? :rofl

Below Reality
04-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Yup, I never knew how ez to use. I have my 32oz sit here since Dec `04 and never got a chance to use. I normally use old school method(bucket+shampoo). You guys ever work on a car that never been polished/waxed before with SnW? See, our cars had been taking care soo much, I think it much easier to clean than those havent wax/polish for years. So, any one of you guys ever use SnW on super negelected beaters? :rofl

I wouldn`t call it super neglected, but the paint on some of our work trucks gets beat up pretty quick. Enough so that a light PC polish weekly would really be the "proper" yet somewhat "illogical" way to go.

I frequently use S&W on the trucks during the week, and must say that it is much more difficult to use if the finish is not always 100%. I find that it tends to smear a little more frequently, and is a bit more difficult to remove.

It`s just one of those no win type situations being in the construction/fabrication/automotive business. No matter how much work one does to the company trucks, a showroom smooth shine will not be possible 100% of the time.

Our work trucks usually get the full treatment 4-5 times a year, as well as weekly bucket washes, and I like to mist them down with S&W prior to going to any new project. Showing up at a customers location with a clean vehicle is a good way to make a great first impression! :)

HondaMan
04-24-2005, 12:09 PM
3-4 oz.....the goal isn`t to use S&W when your car is filthy and it needs a wash...it`s to "spruce it up" or to take care of a couple of noticeable blotches.

I agree with the earlier threads.....3-4 spritzes per panel. If that isn`t enough, the car needs to be washed. I don`t think S&W was intended to be a cost-effective means of washing a filthy car, except in bad-weather emergencies where washing outside was not an option.