PDA

View Full Version : Waxing care 2 months after claying?

danforz
01-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Hey guys, just curious how long after claying I could add another layer of wax to my car. Its been about a month since I clayed, and I added my last layer of (carnuba) wax a few days ago. I was thinking about adding more layers, but would this be an issue with embedded particles in the paint?

mikebai1990
01-08-2007, 08:58 PM
I`m a bit confused. Did you wax right after you clayed? After you clay, you have to put on wax right after to provide protection. Claying removes all wax. Adding layers of wax is not a problem, make sure you wash thoroughly before doing so.

DBC
01-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Claying removes all wax.

I can see this happening IF you use enough pressure to actually remove your LSP.I clay every other wash if time permits and/or the end of the month.It just makes me feel better knowing that im removing any contaminants that may have accumalated in prepping my paint to have a smooth surface to apply another layer of whatever LSP im using at the time.

I know there are some others on here who do spot claying and have had no detrimental effects on their LSP so far that I have read.JMO of course.

mikebai1990
01-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Yea, I guess I was a bit too harsh :) Not all clay removes wax, but some clays do, and some clays don`t. But for me, I usually put on my protection right after I do full clayings.

DBC
01-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Same here.I like to put on fresh coats of waxes/sealants right after claying.Especially more so now since i have alot of stuff i wanna use up before dipping my hands in new stock!:heelclick

Anyway back to the OP.You can add as many layers to your liking as long as the surface is clean after washing/claying.HTH

sixty7mustang22
01-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Definitely wax after you clay.