PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys 50/50 wax.

Pages : [1] 2

Changeling
01-08-2007, 07:41 PM
I asked you guys about the Chemical Guys wax but I still had questions.

The longevity of this wax (In the can) is not especially good at all! So, if you are going to hang on to a tin (opened), be prepared for a disappointment! In other words, if you put it in your arsenal (once opened), you better plan on using it within a couple of years or so .

These guys seem to be very honest or they wouldn`t have put forth information that could be detrimental to there company, also that kind of identification with there product is actually very complementary to all who are interested regarding the product.

Dam, I think they are honest! When is the last time you ever heard that from a company? NO, I have absolutely no affiliation with this company!

Changeling

------ Following is email from Chemical Guys.-----------------

Customer Feedback for Chemicalguys.com Inbox

I need to know the following about your 50/50 wax. 1. Is this a pure carnuba ...

4:35 pm (2 hours ago)

Reply to all Reply to allForward Forward Print Add Chemical to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?

Chemical Guys

to me

show details

5:26 pm (1 hour ago)

Hi thanks for your E-mail. We have gone ahead and answered your question in the order received.

I need to know the following about your 50/50 wax.

1. Is this a pure carnuba blend? Yes however our unique and exclusive emulsion process allows us to lace the white carnauba with a 98% proof Amino Functional Resign and a LTI Base fluorocarbon polymer resin to extend durability above that of any current paste wax.

2. Are there absolutely any cleaners in this wax? Nope

3. What is the shelf life after a tin has been opened and resealed? If the lid is wiped clean and sealed properly the quality of the product should not be compromised allowing for usual shelf life of 2-3 years once opened.

We hope you enjoy the product and look forward to your feedback on the product,

Best Wishes,

Stacey Chambers

Chemical Guys

-----------------------------------

Chemical guys Mfg. Co

Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detail Supplies : CHEMICAL GUYS WHOLESALE AUTO DETAILING SUPPLIES CAR WASH PRODUCTS PROFESSIONAL CAR DETAIL SUPPLY FACTORY DIRECT (http://www.chemicalguys.com)

sales@chemicalguys.com

imported_mburnickas
01-08-2007, 07:53 PM
2 to 3 years is a looooog time here. I plan on getting MAX 1.5 years.

So far I LOVE it over JW AJT or AJ.

imported_flatstick
01-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Well that is news for sure, a lot of people will not like that news. for those people give me a shout and I will take any CG 50/50 you do not want off of your hands. give me a shout.

Dan
01-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Unless there is something that special about it, I`d say 2-3 is very conservative for a carnauba. For me its the sealants that go all wierd in the bottle after a couple of years.

imported_paradigm
01-08-2007, 08:17 PM
i can`t imagine using up a tin of any wax...i just used my 476s for the first time a few days ago and used such a tiny amount that you could barely even tell i opened the can. i think it will last me the rest of my life (assuming it doesn`t decompose first). hehehe

Setec Astronomy
01-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Hmm..."98% proof Amino Functional Resin"...another LSP with Amino Functional Resin is Poorboy`s EX-P, I wonder what proof that is, and shouldn`t they have to put that on the bottle like Bacardi and Captain Morgan? :think: Maybe the shelf life is cuz the alcohol evaporates...

imported_truzoom
01-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Hmm..."98% proof Amino Functional Resin"...another LSP with Amino Functional Resin is Poorboy`s EX-P, I wonder what proof that is, and shouldn`t they have to put that on the bottle like Bacardi and Captain Morgan? :think: Maybe the shelf life is cuz the alcohol evaporates...

Since when are you allowed to drink alcohol, young man? :grinno: :p

socommatthews
01-08-2007, 10:09 PM
i just got mine today,#317 of 2000.i almost wanted to keep it as a kinda collector item but i guess now i have to actually put my $50 to use:grinno:

Cooter
01-08-2007, 10:36 PM
I guess i`m gonna break down and buy some.

imported_DieselMDX
01-08-2007, 10:41 PM
i am looking trade for some but no need to buy ANOThER tin of wax

icu812
01-09-2007, 12:48 AM
I would think if you put it in a seal-o-meal bag the shelf life would be greatly x-tended

Changeling
01-09-2007, 06:03 PM
I would think if you put it in a seal-o-meal bag the shelf life would be greatly x-tended

Maybe you could melt it down, pour in a ice cube tray, freeze all the cubes, and just take out as needed! Gee, icu812, I think my posting this finding was totally unnecessary. I just plain never thought of all the possibilities!:wow:

Seal a meal bag would really be a great idea also, everyone knows those things are better than a factory can designed for controlling the waxes environment.

Some people can`t imagine using up a tin of wax! No comments!

I thought this would be thought of as a good finding/understanding for the forum of the product, but the negatives seem to all come from new people (suddenly appeared) that obviously have a greater understanding of controlling/shelf life of the "product" than the manufacture. I am absolutely in AWE of everyones expertise.:2thumbs:

Thanks to all for the great input, Changeling

socommatthews
01-09-2007, 07:48 PM
so freezing the wax would be OK?would it hurt the wax in the fact that if years down the road i decided to thaw it out and use it it would still be good to go?

Eliot Ness
01-09-2007, 08:15 PM
so freezing the wax would be OK?would it hurt the wax in the fact that if years down the road i decided to thaw it out and use it it would still be good to go?I think he was being facetious with the comment about freezing.

Since the Seal-a-Meal would vacuum seal the tin of wax it might not be that bad of an idea. It would at least keep the wax from drying out if the tin isn`t completely airtight. I wrap a couple of my spare tins of Meg`s #16 with shrink-wrap for about the same reason and to keep those beautiful #16 blue tins from getting scratched. Hmmm, maybe I should have bought the wife a Seal-a-Meal for Christmas :chuckle:

Actually, since some members have reported tins of #16 lasting for about 10 years, the 50/50 wax might have a longer shelf life than CG is projecting. They might have thrown out those figures just to be on the safe side.

mbkintner
01-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Maybe you could melt it down, pour in a ice cube tray, freeze all the cubes, and just take out as needed! Gee, icu812, I think my posting this finding was totally unnecessary. I just plain never thought of all the possibilities!:wow:

Seal a meal bag would really be a great idea also, everyone knows those things are better than a factory can designed for controlling the waxes environment.

Some people can`t imagine using up a tin of wax! No comments!

I thought this would be thought of as a good finding/understanding for the forum of the product, but the negatives seem to all come from new people (suddenly appeared) that obviously have a greater understanding of controlling/shelf life of the "product" than the manufacture. I am absolutely in AWE of everyones expertise.:2thumbs:

Thanks to all for the great input, Changeling

WOW! I`m pretty sure icu812`s comment was meant to be serious and constructive. An airtight bag would extend the product life. I think you mistook it for sarcasm when it wasn`t intended that way. Of course there was no mistaking your sarcasm. ;)