PDA

View Full Version : FX-100 question

kansasdn
01-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Heard lots of good things--where does it fit in?? Relacement for 425?? Thanks for the input

imported_Bence
01-08-2007, 06:51 PM
It contains waxes therefore provides slightly better protection. Glossy and very slick.

Fallz
01-11-2007, 01:32 AM
I have a full bottle and never use it . I don`t know where it fits in . I have about 3-4 coats of 1000p on my 4runner I dont know if I use it as a quick wax over it or under it or where ? Help would be appreciated.

BigJimZ28
01-11-2007, 01:55 AM
it`s a "booster wax" use it after you wash & dry the car

it will make your lsp last longer and add some pop!

imported_Bence
01-11-2007, 06:11 AM
More protection than a QD, less than an LSP. I use it pretty often for gloss enhancing. It always adds something extra, no matter what LSP is on the paint. I LOVE its slickness!

One important thing: don`t over-apply. This may cause streaking. Surprisingly, it works good in a subzero (Celsius) environment.

Glossmaster
01-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Like Bence, I use FX-100 for enhancing the gloss on my black paint. I often use it as a topper to my lsp & for a post washing "boost". I`ve also used it after I`ve applied a base of AIO, sanwiched between AIO & my carnauba lsp. Recently, I`ve used FX-100 as a base for DG AW. ( incredible combo, by the way ) FK describes FX-100 as a " one step sealant glaze engineered from a blend of high grade poly resins and organic and inorganic waxes formulated into a spray system. Combined with air dried resins that are cationic in nature FX-100 attaches a protective film to the surface that creates a hard, long lasting finish."

Is FX-100 a "glaze" in a traditional sense? In my opinion, it`s not. I would describe it as more of a "finishing glaze". Like Bence said previously, don`t over apply. Use 1 squirt per panel & work it in until there`s very little ,if any, residue to remove. FX-100 melts right into the paint when applied properly. I`ve only had 1 or 2 instances of streaking which was quickly eliminated with a pass of FK#425. Just a versatile product which can be used pre or post lsp. ( pre & post carnauba lsp - post sealant lsp due to it`s "oily" nature, IMO )

RTexasF
01-11-2007, 12:42 PM
I agree that it adds gloss and also depth. Great stuff on top of any lsp......smelling good sure doesn`t hurt either!:drool: Shake well and an occassional shake while applying is a good idea.

kansasdn
01-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks--Kinda sounds like a "over or under" LSP--sounds good--Does FinishKare still provide samples of products when you place an order?? Getting ready to order gallon of 425

Fallz
01-11-2007, 05:13 PM
I`ll give it a try over my 1000p to see how it works out.

Anyone ever spray up a PC finish pad and use it ? Maybe that would end cutting down the lsp ? What do you think ?

RTexasF
01-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I`ve found that a 4 oz. mist sprayer works best......no waste and puts out the perfect pattern. The original sprayer on the quart bottle was just awful.