PDA

View Full Version : Op + Fpii?

imported_grease
01-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Right now my final polish is OP. Im curious would I see any benefits from FPII or any other finishing polish? How are finishing polishes different from glazes?

I`m asking this after reading the BMW black paint problems, and how OP marred the paint, but FPII didnt.

WIll I notice added gloss if I use FPII after OP?

Cleaning Fool
01-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Who knows if the guy who marred the paint with OP used it correctly. He may not have worked the polish long enough, he may not have used the correct pad, amongst other things. Will you get better gloss with FP2? Only one way to find out, test it out and see what it does. TEST TEST TEST is my motto, because some opinions are worth while and some are not. I can tell you I use Menzerna FP2 alot and it brings a beautiful, deep, rich gloss ready for a wax or sealant

imported_Sludge
01-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Somewhat depends on the color of your car. I recently polished my silver car with Optimum polish and Propel II green pads. I then tried the Blackfire Scratch Resistant Finish Polish (106FF) with the new LC white pads on my hood and noticed no difference between the hood and the rest of the car. On a darker color it might have been noticeable.

imported_Detailing Technology
01-07-2007, 03:11 PM
I sometines use Optimum polish with an aggressive pad followed by FPii with a finishing pad. I like the results on softer paints.

Harder paints, I see no advantage.

imported_grease
01-07-2007, 04:43 PM
thanks for the help!