PDA

View Full Version : What makes leather soft again?

optimusp517
01-07-2007, 04:30 AM
I`ve been using Griot`s Garage leather care and I really like that, but now I want to make the leather I`m cleaning soft again, what do you recommend?

Djmigs
01-07-2007, 04:47 AM
im not familar with Griots Leather, is it a conditioner or cleaner or both....

use the search feature it wont bite

you need to determine the condition of the leather

some will use woolite mix with water while other will use apc mixed with water again this are just a few examples, now you can go an extra step if you so desire for example get a leather cleaner then afterwards a leather conditioner...

sonax man
01-07-2007, 05:19 AM
trust me, nothing does it better than sonax`s leather cleaner!!!

optimusp517
01-07-2007, 11:58 AM
I`ve done a search, but maybe was entering the wrong key words. But thanks I really appreciate any tips :)

Sonax man sounds like your answer seems biased?

imported_Surfer
01-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Pinnacle has a great leather cleaner and conditioner. Peronally I use Opitmum Protectant Plus first then Duragloss Leather dressing, leather in my truck is nice and soft!

XltXtreme
01-07-2007, 01:38 PM
I have used Griot`s leather care for a few years on my Explorer that I had and I really loved the stuff. Although the leather care is made to maintain good cared for letaher. They make a product called Leather Rejuvenator to restore and make the laether nice and soft again then you follow up with the leather care. Personally I have never used the stuff before so really can not tell you how good of a product the Rejuvenator is but you could give it a try if you like. :D

optimusp517
01-07-2007, 01:41 PM
I could, oh btw the way what other products out there that`s available that doesn`t make the damn seats slick and slide and all shiney either?

Big Kahuna
01-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Leatherique.

Titania
01-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Leatherique.

Yep, leatherique.

TGates
01-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Sonus Leather Conditioner for grainy/textured leather, Zaino Z10 for smooth leather, Griot`s Leather Care for either.

Dan
01-08-2007, 10:59 AM
I`ve had good luck with leatherique also. The key is lots of it and letting it soak. I took the seats out, brought them inside to a very warm room because it was in the middle of winter. I spread the stuff all over and covered in plastic. Leather went from beef jerky/cardboard feeling to about how a 3 or 4 year old unmaintained leather is.

Big Kahuna
01-09-2007, 12:48 AM
I`ve had good luck with leatherique also. The key is lots of it and letting it soak. I took the seats out, brought them inside to a very warm room because it was in the middle of winter. I spread the stuff all over and covered in plastic. Leather went from beef jerky/cardboard feeling to about how a 3 or 4 year old unmaintained leather is.

Another key element is heat. The heat from the sun will allow the leather to absorb the oil better. The front seats gets the most heat from direct sunlight, so that`s why my front seats feel softer than my back seats.

IMO, this is not my regular leather treatment, but more of my annual or semi-annual treatment. I just use other products for regular care.

BlueLibby04
01-09-2007, 01:36 PM
haha, I use megs and it makes them slick as heck.. I usually put it on them and let them sit over night. Then Ill wipe it back off the next morning and they seem to do just fine. I do the same thing on the steering wheel.