PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Metallic Polish

CTDiesel
01-06-2007, 02:08 PM
I have two one liter containers of the 1Z Metallic Polish, both unused until now, and the contents are extremely thick. So thick that it cannot be poured from the container.

I`ve tried shaking for 5-10 minutes and there is no improvement. Can I cut it with a solvent or should I simply dispose of both containers. If a solvent can be used, what would be the best choice?

Accumulator
01-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Those sound like the round, 1-liter cans of the Pro version. Yeah, it`s thick stuff; it`s supposed to be that way. You can stir it up with a *very clean* tool like long screwdriver but it`ll still be thick and you`ll always have to wrestle with it a bit to get it out of the can.

Don`t cut it with a solvent, don`t throw it away (well, you could toss it my way ;) ). Just shake the can until you get a blob of it to plop out onto your pad and then spread it around. If it`s too much of a pain you could always sell it to somebody who appreciates the stuff; I have a *lot* of it, otherwise I`d be trying to buy it off you.

CTDiesel
01-06-2007, 02:53 PM
I thought there must be problem as the consistency is similar to a chassis grease. I`ll try to transfer to another container that will make it easier to dispense.

Thanks for the help.

DrSauekraut
01-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Good stuff! Don’t let it go bad.

I also have the 1Z liter bundle . . . best method I’ve found is to transfer from the can to a ketchup bottle. Despite its thick consistency, it’s easy to squeeze onto finish or pad :grinno: