PDA

View Full Version : QD with MF or cotton?

CharlesW
05-29-2003, 04:55 PM
Hey everyone, my dust problem seems to have gone away after I used cotton towels rather than the MF for spreading and removing the Platinum Gloss Enhancer.

Humor me a little. The next time you QD, try a cotton towel in an area, then a MF towel in an area. Give me/us your impressions of the two methods. The cotton seems to work better for me for QD`ing. Wax, sealant, or polish removal, the MF works fine. For QD`ing, I`m not quite sold on them yet.

Boss_429
05-29-2003, 05:32 PM
Charles,

Don`t have to humor you, as I still use cotton to QD. I also like the fact that it doesn`t soak up as much QD as the MF`s. Plus the fact that I have a whole bunch of nice cotton towels I bought for detailing that I need to keep using, or the wife will start................. you know! :D

Poorboy
05-29-2003, 07:43 PM
I only use mf for QDing , I guess it depends on the product and the mf...

Thomasfl
05-29-2003, 09:04 PM
the poorboy MF`s are awesome for QD`ing, very soft.

SergC
05-29-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Poorboy
I only use mf for QDing , I guess it depends on the product and the mf...

I would second that

TheCompleteLook
05-29-2003, 11:48 PM
I use MF to QD. The cotton will scratch easier than a good MF. Because the MFs pickup so well, I have found they make more static that causes dust to stick to the paint easier. I`m not sure how to fix that... :confused:

Boss_429
05-30-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by TheCompleteLook
I use MF to QD. The cotton will scratch easier than a good MF. Because the MFs pickup so well, I have found they make more static that causes dust to stick to the paint easier. I`m not sure how to fix that... :confused:

CompleteLook,

My Cannon Charisma Select towels won`t scratch the paint. They do better on the CD test than any MF I have, and work great on paint. However, I do like the MF`s for removing other products.

Anyhow, as for the MF`s and static, do you hand wash and air dry them? I found that putting MF`s in the dryer seems to create more static in them.

Poorboy
05-30-2003, 07:31 AM
Boss ..I use the dryer with out static, but first you must wipe down the inside of the dryer with a cleaner, i like clorex wipes, it removes any residue from dryer sheets and I get no static....now if I forget to wipe it..yes there is static and I have to take each one and shake it out. But I never get dust either way:confused: