PDA

View Full Version : CCS Pads won`t be availabe for about 2 weeks

Changeling
01-04-2007, 05:08 PM
I had an order at Autogeek for the new LC CCS pads and some other stuff, but (Megan?) said they would not be available for two weeks. There went my 20% off so I canceled the order!

I did ask when there was going to be another free shipping sale but I haven`t heard anything back, I have about a $100.00 order that is just going to have to wait. I am not really in any hurry anyway, except on the inside;) . Who knows, there may be a sale somewhere else that`s better.

Changeling

joe.p
01-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Because the pads are out of stock AG won`t honor the 20% discount when the pads are back in stock?

ZoranC
01-04-2007, 06:52 PM
I hope everyone is aware CCS pads AG sells are not identical to ones CMA sells. CMA ones have that blue backing. I was told AG ones do not.

Cleaning Fool
01-04-2007, 07:14 PM
I ordered mine from CMA last week when they had there end of the year 15% off sale. Looking forward to testing them 2morrow

BlackElantraGT
01-04-2007, 07:39 PM
I don`t see why the 20% Santa20 code won`t apply. My order was adjusted and charged right away when they sent me my order confirmation the day after I placed my order. Since I was using my gift cert, I just had to make sure I entered in the memo that I wanted to use the Santa20 20% off code. I also have to wait the 2 weeks for the pads.

I`ve been having some problems with the rest of my order, but so far they seem to be really helpful with trying to resolve the issue. I guess business is better than they expected, which was part of the delay some of us were having, so that`s understandable especially for this time of the year. All I wanted was a quicker response to let me know what was going on, but they`re really going out of their way just to please a customer.

Despite the mess up I had this time, that kind of service will keep me coming back, especially when they have the best product selection around.

Scottwax
01-04-2007, 07:40 PM
My Optimum distributer has some, should be getting a couple to try on Sunday. I don`t know what his stock is like, if he has a lot on hand I`ll let everyone know. :)

35TH LE
01-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Ive tried my CCS 6" green and I maybe crazy but they felt easier to control then the 6" flats with the rotary.... especially versus the 7.5" VC pads.

So far so good.

mikebai1990
01-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Autogeek still honored my 20% discount when they told me the pads were not in stock. They even sent free regular Lake Country pads over to me as compensation until they get the CCS pads in stock.

I hope everyone is aware CCS pads AG sells are not identical to ones CMA sells. CMA ones have that blue backing. I was told AG ones do not.

Do you know why this is the case? Are both these pads considered Lake Country CCS pads, then? What are the advantages of the blue backing?

fdizzle
01-05-2007, 01:11 AM
Autogeek still honored my 20% discount when they told me the pads were not in stock. They even sent free regular Lake Country pads over to me as compensation until they get the CCS pads in stock.

Do you know why this is the case? Are both these pads considered Lake Country CCS pads, then? What are the advantages of the blue backing?

me too . . . ordered quite a few in fact . . . they are filling my order with regular wolfgang eurotech (made by lake country MFG) da pads at no charge :2thumbs: and will ship my ccs pads around the 17th (est. lake country target date for restock) Megan also hooked it up with some duragloss samples . . .

i dont know what the deal is with the blue backing . . . but the pads autogeek sells are 100% authentic lake country pads found right on their website. - im in no way trying to suggest the ones cma or proper auto care arent . . .lake country makes the same pads but with different foam colors and backings for different companies. they will make you your own custom line of pads if you order enough!!! that would be so sweet . . . if i had the money for that - wow. anyway . . .

challenging - i think you need to call megan at autogeek and discuss with her your situation . . what your saying does not sound like the typical phenomanal customer service autogeek has extended to myself and many other autopians.

ZoranC
01-05-2007, 01:47 AM
i dont know what the deal is with the blue backing . . . but the pads autogeek sells are 100% authentic lake country pads found right on their website.

Of course, I wasn`t trying to say they are not Lake Country pads. As you said, CCS pads are Lake Country pads. What I was trying to say is that they are not completely identical so that people are aware of the difference (which is in that blue backing). According to Lake Country (if I am interpreting their words correctly) that backing helps with heat spots.

ZoranC
01-05-2007, 01:52 AM

They are both CCS pads from the standpoint of what CCS is (think "they both have dimples"). Please see above on what that blue backing does. From what I remember (if I understand it correctly) that is something CMA requests in their pads (if not has patent or exclusive on). You can see it in pics on CMA site.

Changeling
01-05-2007, 02:01 PM
I had an order at Autogeek for the new LC CCS pads and some other stuff, but (Megan?) said they would not be available for two weeks. There went my 20% off so I canceled the order!

I did ask when there was going to be another free shipping sale but I haven`t heard anything back, I have about a $100.00 order that is just going to have to wait. I am not really in any hurry anyway, except on the inside;) . Who knows, there may be a sale somewhere else that`s better.

Changeling

When I said "There went my 20% off so I canceled my order", it was an assumption!

If they don`t have the product and the discount date is passed, why should they give me an extended 20% off.

Megan, didn`t mention anything about losing the discount, it was my assumption, sorry if I stated it incorrectly.

And no, I wasn`t offered any free pads or anything else, so please don`t shoot the messenger.

Changeling

Changeling
01-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Forgot to add: CCS says there blue backing is a "patent pending" type of foam that has instant rebound qualities. This could be great if what I have heard/read about the PC 7424 wanting to flatten out pads is true.

Changeling

fdizzle
01-05-2007, 05:09 PM
zoran and challenging - 10 - 4 thanks for the info about the blue backing guys . . .i did not know that. . . i cant wait till mine get here . . . .