PDA

View Full Version : FMJ application

Pages : [1] 2

pt91
04-21-2005, 09:52 PM
I searched but could not find much info.
I have some FMJ coming tmrw and I am packing up for the weekend.
What is the correct application and removal method for FMJ.
Can`t wait to try it.

MS22
04-21-2005, 09:57 PM
It comes with a MF applicator but I prefer to use a yellow foam app. I usually take a pinacle foam applicator, wet and then ring it out really good so it os only the slightest bit damp, and apply the FMJ. This method allows me to get an extremely thin coat on the paint very evenly. You`ll love the FMJ.

pt91
04-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Tks. Apply to one section then remove?

mr2man
04-21-2005, 10:11 PM
I like to apply it over large sections out of the sun. I use the supplied applicator but a small foam one will suffice. I keep the applicator dry. This stuff is GOOD. I cover it with TS afterwards. :badabum

Vrm Vrm
04-22-2005, 07:43 AM
The distributor of the FMJ packs up a kit, so no matter where you bought it, you should get the applicator pad, buffing towel, and instruction booklet in the kit.

Report back and let us know what you thought! I think this stuff will finally convince the Zaino cultists that there are other, easier, options!

mgm2003
04-22-2005, 08:01 AM
I use the Poorboys PVA sponge applicator (damp) to apply FMJ. I usually apply to 1/2 of the car and then wipe down. A few oz will cover most cars. I would recommend 2 coats. Keep water/moisture off the car for 2-3 days to allow the sealer to cure.

You`ll notice after the first wash, that a lot of the slickness goes away. I would also recommend using spray and gloss to keep the slickness and high gloss going.

groebuck
04-22-2005, 01:46 PM
ez on - ez off - nothign to difficult about fmj :) and it comes out schwweeeetttt!

Leyland
04-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what is FMJ? I need to get up to speed on my acronyms I guess. Late nights and early mornings are messing with my code breaking skills.

groebuck
04-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Full Molecular Jacket - Menzernna line - it`s thier Polymer sealant.

Leyland
04-22-2005, 01:52 PM
oooooh. I like polymer sealants. Any good suggestions on where to buy it at?

JaredPointer
04-22-2005, 01:56 PM
oooooh. I like polymer sealants. Any good suggestions on where to buy it at?
Premium Auto Care (http://www.premiumautocare.com) is one good place fo sho.

groebuck
04-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Now that`s what I`m talking about.

Leyland
04-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Sweet! CAKE FOR EVERYBODY! but dang that stuff is pricey. Is it worth teh cost?

pt91
04-22-2005, 02:00 PM
The distributor of the FMJ packs up a kit, so no matter where you bought it, you should get the applicator pad, buffing towel, and instruction booklet in the kit.

Report back and let us know what you thought! I think this stuff will finally convince the Zaino cultists that there are other, easier, options!

I spent a bit more and ordered the Biggie size!
I don`t think I get any instructions or applicators with the larger size.
It made more sense and I MAY be up for some trades for a few, specific products that I would like to try. It seems that a lot of people want to try it and the expense may keep a lot of people from trying it out. I will let everyone know once how it works and if I am going to offer samples for trade. Tks for the help! I also ordered the new Menzerna Ceramiclear Light Cut polish. Now I am poor but excited!

Vrm Vrm
04-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Those that have been brave enough to shell out the $40 say it has fantastic gloss and durability. But it`s hard to find for much less than $40.

Froogle search for FMJ (http://froogle.google.com/froogle?price1=35&price2=&btnP=Go&q=menzerna+fmj&hl=en&lr=&rls=en-us&tab=wf&scoring=p&price=between)