PDA

View Full Version : Waxes - The next "hot" wax ? Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

DM101
01-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Is this the next hot wax for the new year? Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax ....

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax
with Acrylic Polymers (http://www.blackfireusa.com/blwetdiivcap.html)

What does everyone think? Feedback ????

I put a coat over my 10 coats of Souveran. Looks quite good A- .... Souveran A ..... I have reserved the A+ for a future wax or combo.

Grimm
01-04-2007, 01:39 PM
I realize I`m pretty new to this detailing stuff, but how can you evaluate the look of a wax when you put it over another wax? Seems to me that would be like my wife putting a shirt on over another shirt and asking me how it looks. "Hmmm, I can`t quite put my finger on it, but something just doesn`t look quite right dear."

MaximusZTS
01-04-2007, 01:44 PM
The site claims "One of the drawbacks of any carnauba wax is durability." Is it not the Carnuba thatr adds most of the durablity. I thought carnuba is some tought stuff!

TigerMike
01-04-2007, 01:48 PM
This wax is clearly directly aimed at Souveran, both being marketed as beauty waxes. Neither one will have great durability, as that is not their selling point. It reads like a Souveran knockoff to me...

Dan
01-04-2007, 02:02 PM
The hot wax of the year is ZAINO!.... //ducking and running for cover!!!//

-edited b/c the board software thought my comments were html code

imported_Detailing Technology
01-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Nobody has this I guess?

I am still hooked on Zaino topped with Natty`s Blue. When its gone, Ill look at these new toys.

imported_Surfer
01-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Heard about it, but everytime I see that package they have called "wet ice over dark fire" or whatever it is makes me chuckle for reason lol.

DM101
01-04-2007, 02:40 PM
After trying waxes from $15 to $150 on "MY" car I can definitely tell if a product enriches or dimishes the shine, depth and gloss. I have tried at least 20 different waxes and combo sealant/waxes. Yeah your right, a better test would be to take 10 coats of PS off and try there "Wet-Ice over Fire shine kit" but ain`t gona do it. Wax is wax and all waxes "should" behave in the same way. "MY" car loves Men. PO85RD, Red Moose Glaze, and PS. (no ifs ands or buts a this point)...(2nd PO85RD, M21, PS X 3+).... Another coat of PS would wipe out WD wax in a heartbeat. So if something doesn`t look right "my dear" you may be right. PS Durability is a non issue for me. I wax my car at least every two weeks and LOOKS are my main issue.

I realize I`m pretty new to this detailing stuff, but how can you evaluate the look of a wax when you put it over another wax? Seems to me that would be like my wife putting a shirt on over another shirt and asking me how it looks. "Hmmm, I can`t quite put my finger on it, but something just doesn`t look quite right dear."

DM101
01-04-2007, 02:44 PM
One more thing. I was trying to find if anyone has used there system, and how it looks in there special way of applying the wax over Blackfire sealant. -----ZOOM-ZOOM-----

silkstone
01-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Souveran is 8oz. vs. 7 oz. for BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Ivory ....

so if the look is comparable, at the same price, which one will you buy?

Good marketing would have at least made it a 8oz. jar/can.

Great marketing would have made it 8.5 oz. or more, to sway people to try/buy.

I do not understand how the people who are marketing this product feel they will compete against PS.

Bioman
01-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Isn`t Blackfire owned by the person who partly owned Pinnacle?

ZaneO
01-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Isn`t Blackfire owned by the person who partly owned Pinnacle?

Yes, Terry used to have a part in Pinnacle.

SilverLexus
01-04-2007, 05:09 PM
What does everyone think? Feedback ????

I have a few thoughts:

1. Acrylic polymers like AIO topped with a carnauba can look great.

2. But not as great as an optically clear sealant. These tend to darken.

3. I`m not sure how well it works to have one product with acrylic and carnauba. I may try some.

4. I`ve not been impressed with Blackfire`s other products but I will keep an open mind.

3Dog
01-04-2007, 05:23 PM
The Blackfire is a blend. Based on conversations with Terrys` son last year..I "believe" this Blackfire product still has ties to Menzerna.

That being said I was going to try it on a couple of bikes this week....BUT....four people couldnt get the top off!!!......They are sending out more, should be here tomorrow.

3Dog
01-04-2007, 05:29 PM
"4. I`ve not been impressed with Blackfire`s other products but I will keep an open mind."

Other than a longer working time I see no difference between BF SRC polish and Menz PO106FF.

Same with BF SRC compound and Menz Power Glos