PDA

View Full Version : Using Paint Sealant on Wheels?

Smashraj84
01-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Hey all,

Noob here. I tried searching but couldn`t find a definite answer for my question.

I`m wondering if I can use Wolfgang`s Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on my aluminum wheels after I clean and dry them.

firegate
01-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Yes, you can use pretty much any wax/sealant on your wheels. I like to use a piece of spent clay to clean the wheel surface of embedded brake dust prior to sealing.

Smashraj84
01-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Yes, you can use pretty much any wax/sealant on your wheels. I like to use a piece of spent clay to clean the wheel surface of embedded brake dust prior to sealing.

I just got my new car last saturday and have spent the week collecting detailing supplies and what not, so I can clay and seal the car. It`s been ridiculously warm in the Northeast, but I know it could change any day now, so I want to get the car sealed before it starts snowing and what not.

Thanks for the idea about the clay. I doubt I`ll need to clay my wheels since they are brand new, but maybe I will if I have time.

Junebug
01-04-2007, 01:16 PM
WG is good stuff, kinda pricey though. I`ve switched to DuraGloss 105, cheaper and looks better - IMHO.