PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Poli-Seal questions

TSC17
01-04-2007, 07:22 AM
I`ve got some Poli-Seal on the way, and looking forward to using it for the first time. I have used Z-PC on a few other vehicles, and it required a bit of a learning curve...just want to cut down on the learning curve-time with the PS.

I have a few questions though before I get into it:

How long does it require to be worked in?

It looks like people are using white pads to apply...what speed on a PC does it like?

How easy is does it come off after application?

Is it sensitive to being applied in the cold?

Any other tricks or tips in using the product?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Oh, and I will be applying it to (new) Acura black paint.

thesacrifice
01-04-2007, 10:51 AM
I use a White LCS pad on setting 5-6

It works in almost immediately. It basically melts into the paint...THIS IS NORMAL!!!

The first time I used it, I was convinced I was doing something wrong and kept applying PS to the pad in attempts to get it to stick around longer to remove minor marring....this only ended up in areas of PS gunking up and being a pain in the butt.

Scottwax
01-04-2007, 01:00 PM
What he said. Poli-Seal works in quickly and seems to just disappear into the paint.

trhland
09-17-2010, 08:12 PM
old thread i know but i just tryed bought this and tryed it . and its great.

Dan
09-17-2010, 09:31 PM
old thread i know but i just tryed bought this and tryed it . and its great.

Fantastic stuff. Its perfect for a finishing polish, but I wish OPT would come out with something with a bit more bite too it. Something with more cleaners and more abrasives for cars that are neglected, I guess I`m asking Dr G. for a competitor to D151.

The Wraith
09-17-2010, 09:55 PM
^^^ What`s D151 for us noobs?

Thomas Dekany
09-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Fantastic stuff. Its perfect for a finishing polish, but I wish OPT would come out with something with a bit more bite too it. Something with more cleaners and more abrasives for cars that are neglected, I guess I`m asking Dr G. for a competitor to D151.

It bites well just use a more aggressive method. :D

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/101891-black-lotus-exige-detail.html

trhland
09-18-2010, 06:13 AM
good idea. like a poli seal extream. who knows. but im sure the dr has a few things up his sleeves

Dan
09-18-2010, 07:18 AM
It bites well just use a more aggressive method. :D

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/101891-black-lotus-exige-detail.html

Meh, I haven`t been happy even with a polishing pad on a rotary. IMO it fills a bit too. Have you tried it against D151?

Dan
09-18-2010, 07:24 AM
^^^ What`s D151 for us noobs?

Meguiars D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream

trhland
09-18-2010, 09:17 AM
i was surprised how dark and glossy poliseal left the paint. i wonder how mgs d151 is? normaly i use true polishes over the years but dont want to keep chaving away my clear . so poliseal i think is a good choice if major swirls arent present.. hows mgs d151 guys? does this have more correction in it then poli seal?

Dan
09-18-2010, 10:36 AM
i was surprised how dark and glossy poliseal left the paint. i wonder how mgs d151 is? normaly i use true polishes over the years but dont want to keep chaving away my clear . so poliseal i think is a good choice if major swirls arent present.. hows mgs d151 guys? does this have more correction in it then poli seal?

In my experience, Poliseal is more about looks and protection where D151 is more about correction. Its somewhere between 105 and 205 in regards to correction, with a rotary and the right pad, swirls disappear fast even on harder clears.

trhland
09-18-2010, 04:07 PM
thank you !!!