PDA

View Full Version : For a cleaner QD: ONR spray vs 146 or S&W

velobard
01-04-2007, 12:02 AM
When looking for a QD spray to use as a cleaner, or waterless wash if you prefer, how would you say ONR mixed as a QD spray compares to something like 146 or PB S&W? Since I already have ONR it would be much cheaper, but cost aside how would it compare? I was thinking about ordering some 146 to give it a try but I`d like some feedback if anyone can offer a comparison.

euro
01-04-2007, 02:53 AM
I have FK#146 & ONR-QD and would still use ONR as my primary spray-wash detailer. ONR @ QD strength seems more slick and better suited to cleaning / dirt encapsulation. I use #146 to pre-clean an already washed panel (that`s been sitting a while collecting minor dust) before applying my wax or sealant....like FK`s 1000P, PinkWax, 2180, or 216 which are 100% polymer compatible atop the 146.

velobard
01-04-2007, 09:00 AM
With the ONR spray do you use the recommended concentration for a QD or do you go stronger?

abbeysdad
01-04-2007, 10:29 AM
I use ONR at QD (6 oz/gal) strength in a 1.5qt pump spray bottle for QD and washes - love the stuff.

For washes, I spray a panel at a time, then use a rinse bucket a waffle weave towels wet `n dry. Works great!

I can`t imagine buying/using anything else for QD and I fully expect to use ONR for claying too.

imported_MCA
01-04-2007, 11:05 AM
I`m on the other side in that I prefer PB`s S&W when it comes to waterless cleaning. When compared to ONR @ waterless dilution (6oz/gal), I find S&W to have higher lubricity and better cleaning power. However, S&W does have a streaking problem if inadvertently left to dry. Although extremely cost effective, ONR QD just does not do it for me - I find that there are better QD`s out there in terms of gloss, lubricity, and added protection. I will say that ONR in rinseless form is awesome.

velobard
01-04-2007, 12:02 PM
I find that there are better QD`s out there in terms of gloss, lubricity, and added protection. I will say that ONR in rinseless form is awesome.

For gloss and protection I`ll go to my 425 or one of the other products I have sitting on the shelf. For the purposes of this discussion, I`m just worried about cleaning. Because of the necessity of avoiding marring, that includes lubricity.