PDA

View Full Version : Tough Stain on paint to remove..Help

JonathanEyoon
01-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Hi guys,

I`m new to the forums and was recommended i go on here to search for the information that would be helpful to my problem. Tried it and couldn`t find much to help me.

I recently took off my sunroof visor to clean the dirt and grime that was starting to build up in there. The car has only 6k on it so it wasn`t that much stuff. It`s an Acura RSX and the paint is white. Well once i cleaned it all off and rinsed it off, i found a slight yellow stain running in the formation of where the sunroof visor was mounted. I tried to get it out with Meguiar Wax, didn`t help. I tried regular car wash with a slightly rougher mitt and didn`t help. I even tried bug and tar remover on it...still didn`t help. I was told that perhaps the adhesive from the the sunroof visor had stained the paint and that maybe a polish could help. I`m going to pick up the recommended polish which was meguiar`s color X tommorrow and giving it a try.

I was wondering if any of you guys have had this same problem and how did you deal with it? Also any suggestions of any kind would be great. I really appreciate it

Thanks

a.k.a. Patrick
01-04-2007, 12:57 AM
I think i would opt for Deep Crystal Cleaner before the ColorX (If your going with OTC).......You really need some chemical cleaning......

JonathanEyoon
01-04-2007, 01:13 AM
MmMmmm just read up on Meguiar`s Deep Crystal Cleaner. I`ll probably pick some of this stuff up as well. Thanks

velobard
01-04-2007, 08:57 AM
An old car of mine used to have some really stubborn stains that refused to come off for anything I could find, even practially to the point of scouring with stuff like Simple Green in my pre-Autopia days. It looks like splattered mulberry jiuce. When I finally got around to trying clay it was like using an eraser.

JonathanEyoon
01-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the advice. I`ll try clay barring as well.~~