PDA

View Full Version : Flood rinse method?

clnfrk
01-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Have any of you ever noticed that when using the flood method for the final rinse some cars it works extremely well on whereas on others it still appears as if you rinsed with a nozzle attached? On my BMW and on my brother in laws Porsche this method works extremely well. It leaves very little water behind. On the other hand, when I did this to my sister`s Avalanche and my other brother in laws Ford F150 there was still plenty of water left on the car. Does this have anything to do with how well the paint attracts water or is it something totally different?

BMW335i
01-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Might have to do with the angles of the paneling.

BigJimZ28
01-03-2007, 01:15 PM
yea the angles & the fact that I am sure you car`s are better taken care of then there trucks

AuAltima3.5
01-03-2007, 01:22 PM
It has alot to do with surface prep before wash (wax and sealing). A car with no wax or paint protection has little chance of this method doing any good.

To be honest, I find this method a waste of water, since you still have to go back over and dry (although little) that is left.

clnfrk
01-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Might have to do with the angles of the paneling.

It can`t be that because the sides are all pretty much identical in vertical angle and it happens in these areas also.

It has alot to do with surface prep before wash (wax and sealing). A car with no wax or paint protection has little chance of this method doing any good.

To be honest, I find this method a waste of water, since you still have to go back over and dry (although little) that is left.

This also can`t be the case because I had just polished, glazed and waxed the Avalanche prior to washing it, so the surface was well prepped and protected. I was rewashing the truck to remove all of the dust created by the polishes.

And, although you may use a tiny bit more water doing this I feel it is a small tradeoff providing the water sheets off like it should. Yes, you still have to dry the car off, but this greatly minimizes the time it takes and also minimizes the need to "touch" the car with the drying utensil. Seeing how alot of marring on paint finishes occurs during the drying process, or should I say during the drying process using improper techniques I would say utilizing this method would be a worthwhile part of your washing regimen.