PDA

View Full Version : Prepping for WG/Natty`s question

Cheetah
01-02-2007, 11:49 PM
I posted this question on another board but I wasn`t getting any response so I thought I`d try it here.

I have ColorX topped with NXT on my car now. I plan on trying a wolfgang sealant / natty`s blue combo next. My question is, do I have to remove what I have on the car currently with paint cleaner or can I just apply the WG on top of the NXT and then Natty`s blue on top of that the next day? If it is better to remove everything before applying WG would colorX do the job? I also have Mother`s pre-wax cleaner.

Thanks.

Cheetah
01-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Someone on the other forum I posted to gave me a good answer so no need to

reply unless you really want to.

One thing he said was that most people don`t like to top wolfgang which is something

I didn`t know. I ordered WG and Natty`s blue already so now I`m kinda wondering what I should do.

socommatthews
01-03-2007, 08:27 AM
i would top it.just make sure to do a 50/50 (water/IPA) before appling the wolfgang.

docker
01-03-2007, 10:17 AM
While WG will leave an excellent deep gloss, adding some NB on top will enhance it. Traditionally I do not top WG (or BF), but when I do want to put a wax on top NB or Max Wax are great choices.

Regarding prepping for WG - if you have the WG Paintwork Polish Enhancer it will remove the previous layers plus it makes your WG layers go on more smoothly. For that matter, so will AIO, PP or any other polish will do the trick.

:cooleek:

Cheetah
01-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi. I`ve decided to top it because my car sits outside 24/7 and I would feel a little better with the added protection. Also, I don`t think I`ll be able to look at that jar of Natty`s sitting there every day without trying it.:D

I did a search for IPA but couldn`t find it. Do you mean a 50/50 mix of water and alchohol by any chance? I`m still in recently become obsessed / learning mode. Is that for bonding

reasons or something?

Here`s a couple of pics as it stands now with NXT on it. If wolfgang looks better than this I`m going to be really happy.

Junebug
01-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Been there, done that - I have a 2006 Rav4 with Flint Mica paint. WG looked great - then I just "had" to top it with Natty, personally, I didn`t think it added anything. So I waited a couple weeks and waxed again, still, I don`t see what the fuss over Natty`s is about. It is a hard wax like shoe polish that goes on hard and comes off that way unless you do it super thin. One thing it will do is add a cleaner step the next time you want to use WG, that`s right, WG doesn`t bond well over a wax. The last time I detailed my Rav, I used WG pre-wax cleaner, Duragloss PBA and then 105. Honestly, DG looks better and then give it a few weeks and try their Aquawax and you`ll be hooked.

Cheetah
01-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the info. There are so many things I want to try.

However,.....

Just let me take a deep breath here first.....

:hairpull

Some guy just rear ended me at a stop light!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Now, I need a new rear bumper. I can`t believe it!!!! He wanted to pay for the repairs without going through insurance so we`re going to meet a a repair shop in an hour. :bat

My car didn`t have one scratch on it before this! Stupid @$$! :wall

I never had a bumper repaired before so now I`m worried if it will look the same after it`s fixed. :scared:

Will I be able to wax after the shop repaints the bumper or do I have to wait a while?:sadpace:

socommatthews
01-03-2007, 06:30 PM
well most people recomend 30-90 days before a wax but you can use a glaze on it till then.i use 3M hand glaze cause i can get locally at Oreilly.