PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss 101 and 105

johny
01-02-2007, 06:04 PM
I did a search on this but couldn`t find a definite answer to my question. Does Duragloss 105 have the same micromarring removal ability that 101 has? I ask because 101 states that it removes scratches on the package, but 105 does not. Thanks for any help.

imported_paradigm
01-02-2007, 06:25 PM
i don`t know of any filling (or polishing) ability of 105...if it does have any it is very very minor and hasn`t fixed anything i`ve ever put it on.

johny
01-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I want to use 105 because it seems like the superior product, but I want the swirl removal ability, too. I guess I will just use 101.

AL-53
01-02-2007, 06:43 PM
The 101 is not a real swirl remover...it may remove the lightest of the lightest marring...but not for any real paint correction..if you need paint correction as in marring and swirls..get a polish dedicated to that type of work...

101 is more like AIO with a stronger cleaner and sealant...it does have micro abrasives...but will not correct much in the sense of medium marring..or even semi lite marring....it is more like a finish cut...

The 105 is the better of the 2 as far as a sealant goes...it gives a better look and most durable they offer...

Al

mose
01-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Hey AL-53,

Have you tried their 652 or 671 for paint correction?

johny
01-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the info, AL-53. I should have stated my purpose in the beginning. I am basically just looking for a sealant that has some light cleaning/scratch removing (or filling) properties. I currently use Meguiar`s NXT Tech Wax, but wanted to try Duragloss. I use a dedicated cleaner polish (Mother`s Pre-Wax Cleaner) when I need to. My paint is in pretty good shape, so I don`t need anything too dramatic.

Thanks again for your help.

wannafbody
01-02-2007, 07:18 PM
105 would probably work fine. Use a finishing polish like Mothers Powerpolish or FP2 if you need swirl removal.

imported_agentf1
01-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the info, AL-53. I should have stated my purpose in the beginning. I am basically just looking for a sealant that has some light cleaning/scratch removing (or filling) properties. I currently use Meguiar`s NXT Tech Wax, but wanted to try Duragloss. I use a dedicated cleaner polish (Mother`s Pre-Wax Cleaner) when I need to. My paint is in pretty good shape, so I don`t need anything too dramatic.

Thanks again for your help.

You will love the Duragloss over the NXT. It is a lot more durable and probably one of the closest sealants I have found compared to Zaino but yet still available locally which seems to important to some people.

imported_Surfer
01-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Doesn`t #105 have some cleaning ability though?

johny
01-02-2007, 08:15 PM
RE: z06meister

Yeah, I hear that Duragloss is pretty close to Zaino -- which surprises me, since it is an OTC product. I heard of DG before, but it wasn`t until I read a bunch of threads on Autopia this weekend that I was convinced to try it.

johny
01-02-2007, 08:21 PM
RE: Surfer

The bottle states that 105 "Cleans & Polishes in One Step" ... I read some other posts on Autopia which mention that it has some very mild cleaning ability, but nothing really extreme.

johny
01-02-2007, 08:25 PM
RE: wannafbody

I have heard some good things about the Mother`s PowerPolish ... I just use their Pre-Wax Cleaner since my car is in decent shape. I know it is a fairly light cleaner polish.

Junebug
01-03-2007, 01:34 PM
I went from NXT, WG, Natty`s to DG - I`m sold on DG!

mose
01-03-2007, 02:02 PM
I love the DG line!! It pumps me up when I do a car and it looks every bit as good as some of the cars done with Zaino or some of the other supposed higher end products! I will still try other products from time to time but DG is my "go to" product!

imported_agentf1
01-03-2007, 08:56 PM
RE: z06meister

Yeah, I hear that Duragloss is pretty close to Zaino -- which surprises me, since it is an OTC product. I heard of DG before, but it wasn`t until I read a bunch of threads on Autopia this weekend that I was convinced to try it.

I should probably mention that I find it closer to the older version of Zaino. Despite the fact that it is light years better than NXT it is also light years behind the Pro version of Zaino. But for an OTC type product is is pretty descent.