PDA

View Full Version : Cloth Stain Removal

IonSpeedMaster
01-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Hi all.

New here to the forum, first time poster. I`m on other car forums and I understand its frustrating when repeat topics come up, which is why I wan a search before posing. Couldnt find related topics. I have a 2004 Saturn Ion 2 Sedan with a back seat that would make some of you detailing fanatics cringe. I know its no show car, but I have respect for the car because its all I have. There are some really bad stains on my back seat and floor. They`re both from Gatorade spills. The one on the bench my dad tried to clean and it came out pretty bad. I was just wondering what I can do to clean this myself, as well as the stain on the floor. And if I need access to expensive detailing equipment, how much I would be charged for making it go away from a professional detailer. I`m not too savvy on putting pictures in my actual post so I put them in my putfile account. The following link shows 2 pictures of my bench and one of my floor behind the drivers seat.

Thanks in advance guys.

Putfile - Uploaded Picture (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4399015)

BigJimZ28
01-01-2007, 11:49 PM
easy one go to lowes spend $5 on bottle of folex

spray on the spot rub for a minute with your fingers

blot with papper towles or terry cloth

repeat if you need to

then be amazed and post after pics!

welcome and good luck

Juztang
01-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Another vote for Folex. I buy it by the gallons. I can almost all stains out with it.

IonSpeedMaster
01-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Thanks guys. I`ll give it a try today or tomorrow and be sure to post pics. Seems helpful around here

IonSpeedMaster
01-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Alright, so the Folex did a pretty lackluster job, so after a lot of work with a Bissel Little Green, the bench is fine. (Pictures will be up later) But the stain on the floor from red gatorade is still present despite a cleaning with Folex and the Little Green. Is there any cleaner I can use to remove specifially red stains, usually for fruit punch or wine or something like that?

imported_smprince1
01-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Is there any cleaner I can use to remove specifially red stains, usually for fruit punch or wine or something like that?

Never tried it personally, but you asked :lol

Red Stain Remover (http://www.topoftheline.com/reddyeremover.html)