PDA

View Full Version : ONR in the cold?

jw
01-01-2007, 06:07 PM
How cold is too cold to use ONR? If it is too cold what will the ONR do? Will it streak, or become hard to remove?

BMW335i
01-01-2007, 06:11 PM
I wouldn`t use it if its below freezing, personally.

Eliot Ness
01-01-2007, 06:24 PM
How cold is too cold to use ONR? If it is too cold what will the ONR do? Will it streak, or become hard to remove?I really don`t see it becoming hard to remove unless it starts to freeze. I`ve used it outside in the low 40`s with no problem (used warm water). If it`s cold enough that it starts to freeze on the paint I`d hold off unless you can get it into a garage and warm the paint up a bit. Any ice that forms will cause marring when you wipe it off so just keep that in mind.

Use some rubber dishwashing gloves (http://www.playtexproductsinc.com/gloves/Living_Gloves.asp) to help keep your hands warm if it`s pretty cold out.

Juztang
01-01-2007, 06:42 PM
I`ve actually used ONR in the 30`s. I also wear thinsulate gloves with rubber gloves over them if I have to use the ONR in the cold. I don`t use it in the cold unless I have to. I would much rather do it in the garage!

Scottwax
01-01-2007, 07:01 PM
I`ve had no problems washing with ONR in the cold, even when very close to freezing.

imported_bigfoot
01-01-2007, 10:35 PM
I`ve only done it down to 40... Below that, I would really thing about it...

Joey:sign

abbeysdad
01-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Above freezing is okay, but at or below and even with warm/hot wash (or rinse) water, you`ll need to work very fast with the dry towel to stay ahead of ice crystals. Still, ONR RULES!