PDA

View Full Version : Longevity of Mothers Seal&Glaze & `mixing it`

CamV6
01-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Happy new year everyone :heelclick

So, what sort of lasting power does mothrs S&G have, compared to say UPP?

I`m intending to top it with swissol saphir wax so do I need to concern myself with its longevity as long as I keep that wax layer topped up?

If the longevity isnt that good, could i mix it (say 50/50) with UPP or Jeffs AJT. If mixing is possible/worthwhile, what would be best to mix ot with, bearing in mind my options are AJT, UPP and EX-P?

As ever, many thanks in advance, Cam

mikebai1990
01-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Happy new year to you too!

Well, why exactly do you want to mix the Mothers S&G and UPP or Jeff AJT? I think that UPP or Jeffs AJT by itself (as opposed to mixing ) is a very good choice.

Big Leegr
01-01-2007, 03:35 PM
I think you may be mixing the definitions of the term (sealant). In the case of Mothers, it`s more glaze than sealer. It`s for adding gloss/depth/filling minor marring/etc. rather than acting as protection.

If you have a few minor swirls that you`d like to temporarily fill, then Mothers S&G followed by a wax would be a good choice.

Hope this helps!

CamV6
01-01-2007, 04:38 PM
thanks for the replies so far fellas.

Reason I ask is that I want the protection and shine of a sealant but also the swirl filling and deep gloss of a glaze, but being lazy, I was hoping to aviod the need for 2 different applications and was wondering if it was possible to do both in one step. Is it possible/advisable?

:think2

STG
01-01-2007, 06:56 PM
...I want the protection and shine of a sealant but also the swirl filling and deep gloss of a glaze, but being lazy, I was hoping to aviod the need for 2 different applications ....

:think2

And I want 42 MPG from my F250 Powerstroke 4X4, 200 MPH from my Mach 1, and three supermodels to alternate preparing my breakfast, lunch and dinner.

CamV6
01-01-2007, 07:49 PM
And I want 42 MPG from my F250 Powerstroke 4X4, 200 MPH from my Mach 1, and three supermodels to alternate preparing my breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I notice you dont mention winning the lottery, guess you must have already done that, in which case you could get the last of your wishes quite easily

As for the first, ny advice is only drive down hills

Cant help with the second though. :nixweiss

:chuckle: :bolt

Alfisti
01-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Moms S&G is step 2 in a 3-step process...sorry. Its simply a glaze - a rather good one - requiring a wax to protect the finish. I don`t know if a sealant would work over S&G. I`ve always topped it with a wax, regardless of brand, with good results.